I typically run my S7 in power saving mode and dim screen brightness, and therefore it defaults to Full HD on the display settings. With this I get good battery life.

However, I have decided to use it closer to "fresh from the box" power settings-- About 75% brightness, power save mode OFF, and display set to WQHD resolution. Just to see what it would do, and utilize more of my device's strength. YouTube reviewers claim they can get upwards of a full day usage with full brightness, no power saving, and running WQHD display, and supposedly still have ~25-30% battery by 10pm. But I'm getting not even close to that. With my WQHD setting, no power saving, and similar useage as what the reviewers put their devices through, I'm finding I need to charge within about 4-5 hours, and that's without making calls or sending text or multimedia messages. Are device statistics skewed to boost sales, or am I doing something wrong?

I will be going back to medium power saving, knock my display to 1080p, and set my brightness to no more than 40%. A shame too because at full power, this thing is absolutely gorgeous and can do virtually anything, but drains the battery a little too rapid for my liking.
    03-01-2018 04:07 PM