Original question:
    Samsung Galaxy S7 owner here. At some point, the original battery got bloated, so I decided to replace it. After the replacement, with the new battery, the phone wouldn't charge and would turn off after as soon as I removed the charging cable. Charging percentage would show a random constant number (the favourite was between 57 and 60 but could vary).

So I took the new battery off and plugged the charger in without a battery attached. And guess what? The phone shows a random charged percentage (this time fav range is 35-40%).

Tried hard resetting, pressing the power button to drain the capacitors, clearing the cache, nothing helped so far. I am clueless where that number could come from and I am guessing that when the battery is hooked on, the phone doesn't even recognise it.

Any help appreciated!

PS:
    Someone asked how I removed the battery, since the S7 is 'built with unremovable battery'. Google and Youtube can answer that.
    03-06-2018 06:29 PM
    I am not an electrical engineer but my guess is that the battery meter does not measure whether it is plugged in or not. It measures the battery, which is not installed.

I believe the memory is like a flash drive and is showing the last reading adjusted for capacitors discharging between the meter and where the battery used to be.

I took mine to Batteries + Bulbs and had the battery changed 2 weeks ago for ~$64.00. It has been working very well since then and only took a couple of hours.
    03-09-2018 08:03 AM