Samsung Galaxy S7 black screen after drop

Net Wrench

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
Hello all,

Dropped my S7, screen is black, but it takes a charge, button lights work, and it appears the digitizer does respond (maybe partially), hard to tell how well. I didn't have a passcode, but the "Allow access to data" dialog appears to be coming up. I printed a screenshot of the "Data Allow" window which fit perfectly over my screen (can share if it helps others), but I'm unable to get past "USB file transfer not allowed" in Smart Switch. Windows Explorer opens it up, but nothing is in the folder. I press where "allow" should be, and the phone vibrates, but doesn't seem to take. I can unplug it and plug back in and it keeps getting recognized, so I've tried thirty or so times.

I kept up with the AT&T updates though the beginning of March, but I couldn't tell you what version I'm on, that may impact placement of the "Data Allow" box, though I have tried pressing all over the right side of the screen, hoping not to deny access.

I've tried adb which doesn't see the phone, and the Fone software which doesn't support the S7. I don't know whether USB debugging is on or not, though I assume it isn't. I tried Kies3 and Sidesync as well (locked phone for Kies, and SideSync didn't recognize the phone).

I called Samsung, and it appears their policy is "Black Screen no data, so very sorry" after trying to hard reboot.

I've spent the last week or so trying to search and I'm at the point where there's nothing to do but wipe the phone (if I even can).

Anybody got a Hail Mary type of suggestion or something that actually works? I had a really cute ringtone of my daughter, and some other things I would rather not lose and they didn't get saved to the sd card, but I have to return the broken phone in the next couple of days.

Thanks for any workable suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae