Verizon S7/S7 edge Oreo update

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get the Verizon S7 software update that was suppose to include Oreo but didn't actually get Oreo? My phone updated and I got random non-Oreo stuff like Smarthings but not Oreo. My upgrade version(G930VVRS4BRC3) is the one on Verizon's site that says is the Oreo update but my Android version still says 7.0.

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon S7 Oreo update

yep same thing happen to me i think verizon just gave wrong software update to every galaxy s7 folks they need to get this sorted out

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I have been holding off on installing the update, because I thought it might be Oreo. For those of you looking for the Oreo update, have you not seen the missing features Oreo brought to S8 and S9 owners?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

S7 NRD90M.G930VVRS4BRC3: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...port/samsung-galaxy-s7-update/&token=Hj65pYLD
S7 edge NRD90M.G935VVRS4BRC3: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-update/&token=zUOOD0uH

Software Version: NRD90M.G930VVRS4BRC3

Android® Security Patch Level: 2018-04-01

This software update brings the latest Android Oreo OS, tools for you to improve your productivity such as App pair, Dual Messenger, and high contrast keyboard as well as UI improvements to your phone dialer. The latest Android security patch is also included.

Android Oreo benefits

Background limits: Android Oreo helps minimize background activity in the apps you use least, providing better device performance.

Autofill: Autofill remembers logins and passwords for quick access to your favorite apps.

Picture-in-Picture, for apps:
Lets you to see two apps at once for easier multitasking.

App Notification Dots:
Press the notification dots to quickly scan what's new, and clear them by swiping away.

App Pair
Lets you launch two apps and use them side-by-side on the immersive Infinity Display.

Add an App Pair icon to your Home Screen for one-touch access.

Dual messenger
Your Galaxy S7 has Dual Messenger capability, letting you use 2 accounts on the same chat app. Keep separate accounts for work and home, but on the same phone.

You can find Dual Messenger in Settings > Advanced features.

High contrast keyboard
Android Oreo provides several different high contrast keyboards to customize your device experience.

Phone screen updates
The new phone screen swaps the "Mute" and "Keypad" icons to help prevent accidentally hitting mute during calls.

SmartThings
Quick connect has been replaced by SmartThings, which allows you to control a wider range of devices.

TNRonin

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site

I have been holding off on installing the update, because I thought it might be Oreo. For those of you looking for the Oreo update, have you not seen the missing features Oreo brought to S8 and S9 owners?
Hey Airborne I've looked around for the missing features. I haven't seen anything too bad that impact me.
11b1p here as well. 1/509 abct, 4/325 abct, 2/325

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Hey Airborne I've looked around for the missing features. I haven't seen anything too bad that impact me.
Spoke to Verizon this morning. They blew the update that was promised on their website. Now saying it will come on the 28th of this month. Wait and see.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I understand. Everyone has different needs and wants.

AATW 1/505 PIR

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I'm starting to think the S7 won't get it. part of the reason I chose the S7 over the S8 or S9 when was time to upgrade from my S6 edge in December was that it was a good 70% cheaper than an S9 and about 40% cheaper than an S8, and it should have been 8n line to get Oreo as most android phones get at least 2 major OS upgrades before support for them is eventually dropped, so therefore I thought the S7 was my best bet in terms of both saving money, and staying up to date for another year. But it looks like Nougat may be it for the S7, and that's a bummer.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to think the S7 won't get it. part of the reason I chose the S7 over the S8 or S9 when was time to upgrade from my S6 edge in December was that it was a good 70% cheaper than an S9 and about 40% cheaper than an S8, and it should have been 8n line to get Oreo as most android phones get at least 2 major OS upgrades before support for them is eventually dropped, so therefore I thought the S7 was my best bet in terms of both saving money, and staying up to date for another year. But it looks like Nougat may be it for the S7, and that's a bummer.

I would be perfectly happy staying on Nougat.

jleemess

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Now when I do a system update check on my Verizon S7 I get a special message saying we are planning an Oreo update please check back in a few weeks this just started today

TNRonin

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
Sweet!
26a63e7c7e3df4475887669fb41df0b9.jpg

JackRussell

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
According to Verizon's page, it is available now!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...port/samsung-galaxy-s7-update/&token=jYeim4nB

ETA: Of course, your mileage may vary. As we all know, Verizon's updates are usually sent out in waves so not everyone will get the update right away.

That's not the Oreo update - that's just a vanilla security update, and I already have it.

I just checked - nothing available now for me for Oreo. But as others have noted, Verizon sends these out in batches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12