I'm not entirely sure if the two things are connected, but shortly after using the wireless charger I purchased, I noticed purple marks in the top right of my screen, almost like bruising. I didn't think much of it and continued using the charger. After about forty minutes, I took my phone off the charger and noticed that the purple had spread a great deal. It is now over my entire phone screen, along the top and clustered in a rectangle in the middle of my phone screen.

I can still see somewhat, and I'm assuming that this is my fault for not buying an official Samsung wireless charger, but I thought I'd ask. Can wireless charging discolor your phone screen and how does that happen? The phone wasn't warm, I heard no sounds. There was nothing to indicate that the charger was damaging my phone.
    05-14-2018 09:28 AM
    The "bruising" is more likely a broken screen LCD layer. It can start with a tiny hairline crack and slowly spread, to the point that the entire screen will be purple.

Can the charger have caused it? It can have caused the initial crack to start spreading a little faster, due to the heat coming up from the charger, but that would happen with any wireless charger - they all radiate heat. The actual cause is the initial crack, whether that was due to a manufacturing defect, you dropping the phone or even you just tapping the edge of the phone against something so lightly that you barely felt it. In any event, the screen most likely has to be replaced - if not now, then in a while.
    Zephyr442 likes this.
    05-14-2018 12:05 PM
    Thanks. It was definitely a busted LCD screen. I had previously dropped it, but as I didn't see any damage right away, I didn't think anything of it.
    05-15-2018 05:18 PM