Bought one from Walmart for $150 and I have to say, it's refreshing to use a "smaller" phone. For a 2016 phone, it's still fast, camera is great and the in hand feel is great. Battery life seems to be good so far. The only downside for now is all the updates I have to do. The phone came with Android 6.0.1. I'm having to catch up on 21 updates! Just got the Nougat update, so at least it feels/looks somewhat current. But the biggest perk is having the headphone jack again. My HTC U11 was great, but the lack of a headphone jack was really bothering me. Since I can't find my bluetooth headphones, I can start using my wired headphones.
    libra89 and dbollman423 like this.
    05-29-2018 06:16 PM
    Bought one from Walmart for $150 and I have to say, it's refreshing to use a "smaller" phone. For a 2016 phone, it's still fast, camera is great and the in hand feel is great. Battery life seems to be good so far. The only downside for now is all the updates I have to do. The phone came with Android 6.0.1. I'm having to catch up on 21 updates! Just got the Nougat update, so at least it feels/looks somewhat current. But the biggest perk is having the headphone jack again. My HTC U11 was great, but the lack of a headphone jack was really bothering me. Since I can't find my bluetooth headphones, I can start using my wired headphones.
    I recently upgraded to an S7 myself - I got reconditioned for about 220$ or so, I think. I was coming from an S5, and I was tired of the horrible slowness of the thing. I had exhausted the storage, so I was juggling on the SD card, and it only had 2Gb of RAM so the thing was constantly swapping stuff in and out. And Android Pay just didn't work either - it kept hounding me for a password each time I bought something. People said "it shouldn't do that", but it did, and I stopped using it.

I went through the same series of updates on the S7. So far everything is good. Much faster, very responsive, Android Pay is working, and I like that a lot of the apps now let me unlock with the fingerprint, whereas on the S5 that just wasn't the case.
    dbollman423 likes this.
    05-29-2018 09:21 PM
    okay, I've had my reconditioned GS7 for a year. never exhausted the storage. put a new battery in for $64.00.

but the camera, is excellent. okay, I like 'point and shoot.' I'm not even close to professional.

I would rather have a great device with easy camera than the top of the line processor and a camera that is way way cray cray.
    05-30-2018 09:59 PM
    it is a good buy in 2018, especially at those prices. And with it slated to get android 8.0 it's a fairly futureproof phone. One could have gotten it when it first hit the production likes in 2016 and still be good throughout the rest of this year, and probably even into or through 2019 before really needing to upgrade
    06-01-2018 06:36 PM
    it is a good buy in 2018, especially at those prices. And with it slated to get android 8.0 it's a fairly futureproof phone. One could have gotten it when it first hit the production likes in 2016 and still be good throughout the rest of this year, and probably even into or through 2019 before really needing to upgrade
    Sometimes the updates cause more problems than they solve. That's how it was with the old S5 I had. Each update seemed to use up a bit more storage, and used up a bit more RAM, and gradually the phone got slower and slower.
    06-02-2018 02:48 PM
    I just got an S7 on an extended warranty exchange. I had an S6 since 2015. It locked up and they no longer offer the S6, so I received an S7. I just received it yesterday. I like it so far.
    06-06-2018 11:04 AM