I upgraded to Oreo a few days ago and now my S7 won't let me transfer files to my computer. It still shows my phone in Windows Explorer, but if I click on it it just freezes up and won't load. I have my phone set to transfer files. If I switch to only transfer images, then it works. I need to transfer more than just images though! I'm using a factory Samsung cable. None of my USB drives will work. I installed this USB driver and it did squat (https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy...er-for-windows). I installed Nova Launcher, but I'm not sure if that would cause this. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Attached Thumbnails I can't transfer files to my Windows 10 PC after upgrade to Oreo-untitled.jpg   I can't transfer files to my Windows 10 PC after upgrade to Oreo-screenshot_20180613-140459_settings.jpg  
    06-13-2018 02:31 PM
    For driver issue, installing Smart Switch (for PC) on your Windows 10 may fix it.
    06-13-2018 07:35 PM
    For driver issue, installing Smart Switch (for PC) on your Windows 10 may fix it.
    I already have Smart Switch on my PC and my phone. I updated it to see if that would help. It seemed like it was fixed for about two seconds. My phone connected to Smart Switch and a window with my files opened up. But two seconds later, the folder was blank and Smart Switch told me to connect my device.
    I can't transfer files to my Windows 10 PC after upgrade to Oreo-untitled2.jpg
    I can't transfer files to my Windows 10 PC after upgrade to Oreo-untitled3.jpg

After plugging and unplugging my phone several times, Smart Switch popped up on the phone and said it was connecting to my computer. It just stayed on the connecting screen and never actually connected.
    06-14-2018 11:25 AM
    1. You don't need the driver to transfer files. That's for things like flashing ROMs.

2. It's not an Oreo failing. There might have been some corruption in the update. Bring the phone to your carrier and see if they can reflash only the update. Some can, some can but won't, some can't. (Don't let them flash the ROM - if they do, you lose all your files [including downloaded apps] and you can't back them up because of the problem, unless you use something like AirDroid.)
    06-14-2018 11:57 AM
    I plugged my phone into my husband's computer and had no problem at all. There must be an issue with my computer, not my phone. Should I delete this thread?
    Today 10:41 AM