Has anyone else had this issue?

For some reason my phone goes through the update process, says it is downloading, but when the phone restarts it I get the notification "System Update Ready to Install" and when I check the phone still says it's running Android 7.0.

Is there anything I can do besides a factory reset?
    06-14-2018 12:18 PM
    Update: I just wiped the cache partition, tried the update again and 4% in it said error and just restarted the phone.
    06-14-2018 12:40 PM
    Is the phone modified in any way? (For example, if you try to update a rooted phone you could brick it, so most updates check for root - even if it once was and you think you're unrooted it - and "fail".)

If not, the internal storage may be bad somewhere - that would require a new motherboard. (Do a full backup before having that done.)
    06-14-2018 01:30 PM
    No I haven't had it modified in any way. I don't know if it the cause, but I never download the Verizon updates that they constantly send out. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

I haven't tried a factory reset yet because I usually lose files even though I back everything up.
    06-14-2018 02:01 PM
    A few months ago I got my S7, and I went through a seemingly endless series of udpates. I got one installed, and it would reboot and say that there was another. The key really is that the updates are not cumulative. So you have to suck it up and install one update after another - maybe a dozen total. It wasn't really clear what it was doing until I started checking the "Baseband version" in the Settings->About phone app, and seeing that it incremented with each update. You can google the string in the "Baseband version" and it should map back to the month/year that Verizon pushed out the update.

Eventually I got to the end of it all, and it said no more updates. The Oreo update came down the other day, and that installed without much fuss.
    06-15-2018 06:00 AM
    A few months ago I got my S7, and I went through a seemingly endless series of udpates. I got one installed, and it would reboot and say that there was another. The key really is that the updates are not cumulative. So you have to suck it up and install one update after another - maybe a dozen total. It wasn't really clear what it was doing until I started checking the "Baseband version" in the Settings->About phone app, and seeing that it incremented with each update. You can google the string in the "Baseband version" and it should map back to the month/year that Verizon pushed out the update.

Eventually I got to the end of it all, and it said no more updates. The Oreo update came down the other day, and that installed without much fuss.
    That is for the cell phone provider updates correct? When the notification for the update pops up each time I click on it and it says that it's for Oreo, so I'm not sure if it's backed up. I guess I will keep trying though. Also the baseband version has not changed at all.
    06-15-2018 11:02 AM

Actually, I stand corrected. The baseband version did just changed to G930VVRS4BRA1 when I did the last update. Where exactly can I find the string of baseband versions? I did a little checking on google but didn't find anything.
    06-15-2018 11:28 AM
    Actually, I stand corrected. The baseband version did just changed to G930VVRS4BRA1 when I did the last update. Where exactly can I find the string of baseband versions? I did a little checking on google but didn't find anything.
    I couldn't find it either by googling around, but the latest Oreo update was CRE5, the update before that was BRC3, and the one before that BRC2. So you probably have at least 3 more updates before you get to Oreo.
    06-15-2018 01:25 PM
    I couldn't find it either by googling around, but the latest Oreo update was CRE5, the update before that was BRC3, and the one before that BRC2. So you probably have at least 3 more updates before you get to Oreo.
    Yup, it finally downloaded. Anyone else notice how much slower the phone runs after the update? Just sending a text message it lags.
    06-15-2018 01:38 PM
    It sometimes takes a while for a version update to "settle in".
    06-16-2018 12:09 PM