08-29-2018 09:09 AM
51 123
tools
    MethodMan, what on earth is your problem? Did you not read my last post? I told you I tried to do what you said by uninstalling Facebook on my phone but it won't allow me to do it? Also, I said I lived in the States because chanchan05 asked me that.
    No problem. How are you trying to delete FB? Are you doing so from the application manager or the playstore? It should be delectable, but you still think it is not part of the problem now more than before because of your recent stats.
    You obviously have this handled, so I will leave you to your trials.
    Good luck.
    07-25-2018 10:07 PM
    No problem. How are you trying to delete FB? Are you doing so from the application manager or the playstore? It should be delectable, but you still think it is not part of the problem now more than before because of your recent stats.
    You obviously have this handled, so I will leave you to your trials.
    Good luck.
    Some versions of Samsung phones have the Facebook app installed as a system app and thus cannot be uninstalled. They might be disabled though.
    07-26-2018 06:22 AM
    I'm asking how to delete Facebook on my phone so I am taking your advice. How can you not understand that? I go inside the app manager and all it lets me do is disable it. I go inside the playstore and it says uninstall but it still doesn't get rid of it from my phone. So if all I can do is disable it, that's not fixing the problem because it's still on my phone and not uninstalled?

Someone help thanks.
    07-26-2018 12:41 PM
    I'm asking how to delete Facebook on my phone so I am taking your advice. How can you not understand that? I go inside the app manager and all it lets me do is disable it. I go inside the playstore and it says uninstall but it still doesn't get rid of it from my phone. So if all I can do is disable it, that's not fixing the problem because it's still on my phone and not uninstalled?

Someone help thanks.
    Disabling it will be essentially the same as uninstalling it, the only difference is that the memory is not freed. If after disabling and the problem is still there, then it's not the source of the problem.
    11B1P likes this.
    07-26-2018 09:28 PM
    I've been running a basic test on an S7 running 8.0.0., since I've been using an 8 active and 9 plus for the past few months.
    I have attached a screenshot.
    Though I've used the S7 lightly, you can see the longevity of a properly configured ui. The phone and battery are over 2 years old. The phone was att, became un locked, and switched to tmobile.
    07-27-2018 08:27 AM
    I thought you weren't going to help anymore methodman? Haha. So what are you saying by your last post...that's without Facebook and Messenger showing it is the problem? Be more specific with what you are saying so others can understand.

So maybe I should try disabling Facebook since I can't uninstall it? What will happen if I do that...will it mess up anything especially if I ever want to bring it back in the future? And what about Messenger?

Thanks.
    07-27-2018 01:37 PM
    My post is for general consumption. People like proof.
    I still have nothing to add for you.
    I thought you weren't going to help anymore methodman? Haha. So what are you saying by your last post...that's without Facebook and Messenger showing it is the problem? Be more specific with what you are saying so others can understand.

So maybe I should try disabling Facebook since I can't uninstall it? What will happen if I do that...will it mess up anything especially if I ever want to bring it back in the future? And what about Messenger?

Thanks.
    07-27-2018 03:47 PM

Thanks.
    It will just uninstall all updates to the app when you disable it. If you enable it in the future, it will just reupdate itself.
    07-27-2018 07:39 PM
    Ok thanks so nothing totally detrimental to disabling Facebook? Why can you only disable Facebook but it seems you can actually uninstall Messenger?

I might try that out, thanks.
    07-28-2018 02:19 PM
    Ok thanks so nothing totally detrimental to disabling Facebook? Why can you only disable Facebook but it seems you can actually uninstall Messenger?

I might try that out, thanks.
    No nothing. I've tried that before when I tested out Facebook Lite (the official smaller less data and battery hungry version), but in the end I preferred the full app so I just reenabled it.
    07-28-2018 11:58 PM
    Resolved my battery issue.... took the bullet and did a factory reset... phone restored 90 per cent of everything automatically.... now after 11+ hours phone has only used 39% of battery... this is about how it was before the Oreo 8 update. Before the factory reset battery life was 80% down by 11 hours... resetting everything took about an hour.... don't give too much value to your old setup... its easy to restore to either the same or a new look....
    07-30-2018 04:27 PM
    I told you I tried to do what you said by uninstalling Facebook on my phone but it won't allow me to do it
    You can't uninstall the FB app??

I'm using the S7 and my battery stat shows FB using 0.13%/hr
    07-30-2018 05:47 PM
    No I can't uninstall the FB app...it only gives me the option to "disable it". So kenkay, the factory reset seemed to solve the issue?

So now should I try just uninstalling FB and Messenger OR should I do a factory reset? I'm a little worried about doing a factory reset though...what all does it erase? Won't it erase all my contacts and everything? I'm not sure if I have them backed up or anything? I don't have any pictures or music stored on my phone. I only have lots of contacts in my address book.

Thanks for the help!
    07-31-2018 12:18 PM
    Oreo is just bad, i found nougat was better for battery!! I use facebook all time and get 2 days battery on my samsung.
    08-02-2018 12:38 AM
    Bump, thanks!

For example, I tested something out today. I have been using my phone a lot for the past 4 hours when it began at a 100% charge. It's now currently at 32% and I've been using Facebook and Messenger pretty often. I looked at my battery stats and it shows: Android System 17%, Screen 14%, Android OS 5%, Facebook 4%, Messenger 2%.

That shows me that it's not necessarily coming from Facebook and Messenger being the problems, see what I mean? Look how low their percentage is.
    08-06-2018 10:09 AM
    So I tried "disabling" Facebook but there is also a Facebook App Installer and Facebook App Manager...do I need to disable them too?

And should I also get rid of Facebook Messenger or am I ok just disabling Facebook?
    08-08-2018 10:23 AM
    Please stop bumping this thread.

If you want to see any updates, click on "Participated" under Your Menu. This thread will be in bold if there are any new posts.
    08-11-2018 10:55 AM
    'One issue this may cause when using an older battery is if you have too many exclusions, the phone stays active longer during wake periods because the battery cannot provide full power flow thus making the CPU work longer. This is not a problem in newer batteries with max power flow capabilities intact, allowing the CPU full power and finishing on time. '

ChanChan, I tried to pm you about the above, but on tapatalk you are unable to receive. Give me a pm if you would like clarification of your battery explanation.
    08-15-2018 02:20 PM
    So I tried uninstalling facebook...it helped a little but not much at all. It seems to be more of my operating system or something like I originally thought...
    08-16-2018 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but I'll do it my way so people can still see the thread at the top of the list
    Doing it every so often is okay but every day isn't going to help get replies. People come here and shift through the participated and respond to what they can.
    08-16-2018 06:21 PM
    Mod note: please keep the discussion civil and on topic. There is also no need for excessive bumping as you can get to your post and check replies anytime you want to. Thanks!
    11B1P likes this.
    08-16-2018 06:34 PM
    Haven't bumped this in a while and checking back for updates, thanks.
    08-20-2018 10:00 AM
    How do you go back to 7.0?
    08-27-2018 08:48 PM
    Hey jagsfan05... I had a problem similar to yours... updated to OREO on my S7, and the battery life went bad...

I discovered a number of contributing small solutions including turning LTE calling OFF... but the BIG fix was on the Battery Usage screen... Select Android System, then click/select Allow Background Activity to OFF. This won't affect your phone's efficient operations... but it WILL save battery, in my case back to where I was with Nougat.

Here's the catch... every time your reboot your phone, the system will reset that switch to ON... so you need to remember to return to that screen and turn if again OFF.

Hope this helps. :-)
    08-29-2018 08:32 AM
    How do you go back to 7.0?
    Practically, you can't go back to 7.0... at least not the same way you can UNinstall a software update from (let's say) Play Store. The only way to get back to 7.0 involves acquiring and flashing the appropriate software...

Go to Sammobile.com... firmware section, type in and search for your model number, and download the Nougat file for your phone. You should have the latest Odin installed, you'll find a link to that on the same page as the download... Follow the instructions to flash Nougat.
    08-29-2018 08:48 AM
51 123