Galaxy 7s Verizon based Tracfone after reboot "Searching for Service"

CindyStuart

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
Every time I reboot, "Searching for service!"
I tried deleting the cache, turning on Airplane, then off, same thing with Mobile Data. Nothing.

Only thing that worked was going into Network Mode where it showed Global with choices of LTE/CDMA and LTE/GSM/UMTS. I changed Global to LTE/CDMA then rebooted. Phone then asked me if I wanted to switch to Global, said YES. I was them able to make call and all texting worked fine. Not scary to reboot anymore.
Don't know if this is just something with my fone; or maybe it's a tracfone thing since this is a Bring Your Own Phone. I bought an unlocked Verizon phone from a discount place. I'm not on phone a lot so Tracfone is great. I spend less than $175 a year on service. All my friends spend that within a few months. I use little mobile data as most of the time on wifi.

leeonine

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
I've had this issue with my Verizon s7 edge (also on Tracfone) since updating from Marshmallow to Nougat last year. I have to place an outgoing phone call after every restart to restore service. It's a minor nuisance I guess, but if the phone were to restart itself without me realizing it, no incoming calls or texts would get through.

Since upgrading to Nougat "broke" my phone, I'm not going to update to Oreo. Who knows what else would go wrong.
Every time I reboot, "Searching for service!"
I tried deleting the cache, turning on Airplane, then off, same thing with Mobile Data. Nothing.

Only thing that worked was going into Network Mode where it showed Global with choices of LTE/CDMA and LTE/GSM/UMTS. I changed Global to LTE/CDMA then rebooted. Phone then asked me if I wanted to switch to Global, said YES. I was them able to make call and all texting worked fine. Not scary to reboot anymore.
Don't know if this is just something with my fone; or maybe it's a tracfone thing since this is a Bring Your Own Phone. I bought an unlocked Verizon phone from a discount place. I'm not on phone a lot so Tracfone is great. I spend less than $175 a year on service. All my friends spend that within a few months. I use little mobile data as most of the time on wifi.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central Cindy!
Hope your issue gets resolved quickly.
Have you talked to your service provider?
Maybe they have a suggestion that might work.