Hi, what is the best way to optimize my S7? It is way too slow. I don't have videos and barely any music on it locally. Lookout says everything is safe and there aren't a ton of games or apps. When I run "device maintenance" it says performance mode optimized and I have 12.9gb free of 32gb. No SD card not sure if that would help anything.

Is there a good app or actions I could take to help me get this thing working like it should?
    08-21-2018 08:31 AM
    To begin, turn off the phone and then clear the cache partition as you reboot.
    and_youf likes this.
    08-21-2018 10:36 AM
    If all else fails, use Samsung's backup tool and factory reset. It's time consuming, but not that bad.
    and_youf likes this.
    08-21-2018 10:38 AM
    I thought I'd get email notification when I got responses, apologies for the delay.

Thanks, I believe that may have helped a bit. It still is way too slow for an S7.

Strange when I try to get into recovery boot it tries to install an update, then says "no command", then gets into the boot selection screen.

Side question: How long do these internal batteries last before they have to be replaced?
    08-29-2018 02:20 AM
    Yeah, I've done it before (not on this phone) and may bite the bullet. What do I need to backup with the Samsung tool? What does it backup that Google doesn't?
    08-29-2018 02:21 AM
    I thought I'd get email notification when I got responses, apologies for the delay.

Thanks, I believe that may have helped a bit. It still is way too slow for an S7.

Strange when I try to get into recovery boot it tries to install an update, then says "no command", then gets into the boot selection screen.

Side question: How long do these internal batteries last before they have to be replaced?
    Yeah, I've done it before (not on this phone) and may bite the bullet. What do I need to backup with the Samsung tool? What does it backup that Google doesn't?
    The 'no command' is normal after the startup to clear the cache.
    If you have Samsung backup on, along with configuring Google to do regular backups, it will back up most things. You need to get into its settings and select all the things you want to backup.
    and_youf likes this.
    08-29-2018 08:15 AM
    Okay, thank you. My phone is not very customized in the settings department so it may or may not be a big deal. Have you noticed a hit on battery performance with the Oreo update?
    08-29-2018 08:34 AM