How do I: see lockscreen wallpaper; change theme elements; on Oreo S7

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On my "Project Oreo S7", there are two things that I am having trouble figuring out how to do.

1.) When I set a wallpaper for the unlock screen, I never actually see it. Instead I get a black screen with the clock. If I swipe on this screen, then I see it briefly before the PIN comes up and the image distorts in the background, and if I use the fingerprint instead of swiping I never see it at all.

How do I make sure the wallpaper is also on this screen? or get rid of this screen and go to the unlock screen directly when I turn the screen on?

2.) I personally hate how Samsung themes cannot be created or edited by the end user, but my phone is rooted, so I should be able to change anything. How would I go about replacing an image in one theme with that of another, or alternatively put my own pictures as like the background for settings and such?

Ideally, I'd like to find out where these files are stored to replace elements like how easy it is to replace boot animations.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Turn AOD off. It's either AOD or the lockscreen wallpaper - you can't have both.

2. Samsung isn't themeable. Try Nova Launcher, and you can change themes, wallpaper, anything changeable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463