Galaxy S7 SIM card locked & Knox locked??

KingAri_5280

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm new to Android Central and this is my first post! So here's the problem I'm having and I'm confused as hell & can't seem to figure it out or find any answers to a solution! So I bought a like-new 32gb Galaxy S7 for Verizon on Craigslist to have as a backup phone. Anywho, I went to power the phone on and it's freaking SIM card locked!!! It says the SIM pin # was entered wrong too many times & to enter the SIM PUK code to unlock the phone. So i turned it off, pulled out the old Verizon SIM card, and performed a factory reset. I then booted the device back on and the SIM card lock screen wasn't there anymore. So I proceeded with the setup, & once I tried to setup the Wi-Fi all it does is "think" for about 10 seconds, then I get this error message, "This device has been associated with an enterprise or an organization in the past" I try connecting to different Wi-Fi networks & hotspots, but I just can't get passed the 'Connect to a Wi-Fi network' screen!! WHAT DO I DO??!!?! Someone please help me figure this out it's driving me bonkers!!!I KNOW somebody out there has ran into this issue and have figured out a solution!!! Please!!?!?!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Resets have nothing to do with the PUK. Bring the phone in to a Verizon company store. (You can't use the SIM that was in it anyway - that's for someone else's account. (SIM = Subscriber Identity Module - you're not the subscriber to whom the card was issued.) You'll have to use the SIM from your own phone - that's the one for your account- but the situation has to be cleared first, so they'll probably need the SIM that's in it so they can get the PUK for that SIM.)

But the main problem appears to be that someone sold you his company phone - which is illegal. Or hew stole (or "found") the phone. Which means that it was reported and is now blacklisted (and can't be used on any carrier in the US.)

I'd contact the seller for a refund. Or check with Verizon to make sure it's not legal, then go to the police - if you've been sold stolen merchandise, the seller has some explaining to do.

KingAri_5280

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! But i still do have the old SIM card that came with it. I also checked the phones IMEI # to check if it was blacklisted or stolen, and it came back clean!! So atleast it wasn't or hasn't been reported stolen!

KingAri_5280

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
Resets have nothing to do with the PUK. Bring the phone in to a Verizon company store. (You can't use the SIM that was in it anyway - that's for someone else's account. (SIM = Subscriber Identity Module - you're not the subscriber to whom the card was issued.) You'll have to use the SIM from your own phone - that's the one for your account- but the situation has to be cleared first, so they'll probably need the SIM that's in it so they can get the PUK for that SIM.)

But the main problem appears to be that someone sold you his company phone - which is illegal. Or hew stole (or "found") the phone. Which means that it was reported and is now blacklisted (and can't be used on any carrier in the US.)

I'd contact the seller for a refund. Or check with Verizon to make sure it's not legal, then go to the police - if you've been sold stolen merchandise, the seller has some explaining to do.
I know that I'd have to use my own sim card lol. And I forgot to mention that it looked as if someone had already attempted to perform a factory reset. If that's the case, do you think that 'tripped' the Knox mobile security or whatever it is?? Lol, TIA !

KingAri_5280

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
So after I connect to my WiFi hotspot, I hit the next button after it successfully connects to the WiFi and this is the screen it gets stuck on and I can't get passed it!! Someone help!! Any information, replies, fixes, suggestions, tips, ideas, & answers are ALL greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks!1541364643151.jpeg

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Somebody may have been allowed to keep for themselves an old company phone, and the just decided to sell it. Go a have Verizon take a look at it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay