Recently downloaded/installed the Oreo update and when it got done it prompted me to install System Update 23.

I've never seen an update with a name like that before and was wondering if it's safe to update on a Galaxy S7? Also what made it suspicious was it wouldn't let me close out of the download prompt box and it also kept asking me to pick a time when I wanted to install this update. I could not back out of this screen.

The only way I could get this box to go away was to put the phone in sleep/standby mode. It would pop up again a number of times once I got back to my home page.

My phone was running out of battery from installing the update so I plugged it in and waited for it to charge fully. Once I came back the box asking me to install System Update 23 no longer would pop up on its own but I can see the update is still there to be downloaded.

I saw on other websites wondering if it's a safe update because some noticed the spelling in the title of System Update 23 was not spelled correctly and it made them suspicious that it might not be a safe update. However, on mine, System Update 23 is correctly spelled.

Can anyone confirm if this System Update 23 is safe to download for a Samsung Galaxy S7?
    11-05-2018 07:38 PM
    I moved this to the S7 forum for more specific traffic.
    11-06-2018 11:16 AM