Screen goes blank during calls on speakerphone

Jeff_droid

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
And the screen does not un-black on its own. My wife with s3 has the same problem. The menu to disable proximity sensor doesn't exist on my verizon phone and secret codes don't work either. Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it come on if you press the Power button? If so, are you sure it isn't just the screen timeout?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or are you using a case that's blocking the proximity detector? (It uses light reflected off you and back to the phone.)

At worst, bring it into a Verizon company store and see if you can get some assistance from the tech people they usually have at the rear of the store somewhere.

Dash Smashem

Jan 19, 2019
Visit site
If you don't mind I'll ask a similar question that I was searching for a thread on. I just got a Huawei 8x max, its got 8.1 Oreo on it. What my problem is this, when I talk on the phone the screen blacks out there also, when I finish the conversation I have to push the power button on to get the screen to come back on and end the phone call.....otherwise the other party can hear everything and I think the phone has shut down