Hi,

I seriously need some help with my S7! Basically I have the 64gb phone, and then I have another 128 (I think) in a memory card. Which is fine. What I want to do is simple! I want all my apps and ideally my pictures (the big stuff) to store on the card, and then keep very little on the phone!

However when you go to memory all the apps are stored locally - as are the pictures. I have moved them all over, and they seem to just be coming back! Or new pics etc do. Whatsap is an absolutey key example of this! On my card I now have whatsap1, whatsap2, whatsap3 all the way up to 7 - where I have moved them from my phone storage over to the card, and changed the name so as not to overwrite anything! However every other day my phone says 'whatsap backup' overnight and then there it is back on my hard drive! Same with something called Keepsafe that use to keep all confidential stuff in. I move it - then next time I open it, it moves it all back!!

Its seriously pushing me to the edge! I'm going to upgrade to an S9 just to get more local memory!

What I want is basically everything on the card - and then when that is full use the local mem - not the other way round! Or even store the apps locally, and everything else on the card!

The other thing is it says 59gb used on the file manager - but you order them in file size order and the top one - the BIGGEST - is tiny! It just doesn't make any sense!

What am I doing wrong??!!
    02-11-2019 05:46 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this how you're trying to change the storage location? https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-m...xy-s7-s7-edge/

Also, look in each individual app's settings menu for a specific option to set the SD card as default. Some apps might not let you save to the SD card.
    02-11-2019 11:47 AM