09-30-2020 05:06 PM
59 123
tools
    We just want confirm if a 3rd party app that's all

Best way is to fully charge your battery run it down to 20 % and look at the battery stat see what's going on .
    Thanks, makes sense. But wait, I'm confused on your last line. Are you saying to do that while I'm in safe mode? Because I thought I was told when I try safe mode to not do anything except notice if the battery drains the same or not?

Or do you mean not in safe mode? Because if not in safe mode, I already did that and showed my results on Page 1?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-31-2020 02:24 PM
    Thanks, makes sense. But wait, I'm confused on your last line. Are you saying to do that while I'm in safe mode? Because I thought I was told when I try safe mode to not do anything except notice if the battery drains the same or not?

Or do you mean not in safe mode? Because if not in safe mode, I already did that and showed my results on Page 1?
    You can do both and compare nothing wrong with that .
    03-31-2020 02:30 PM
    You can do both and compare nothing wrong with that .
    I'm confused though, how can you look at a battery statistics screen while in safe mode? I was told in safe mode all you can do is limited functions like use the phone and message? And I already provided a battery statistics screen on page 1 while I'm not in safe mode, does that not help?

Sorry, just confused. Because I thought when I do try safe mode, it's only to check the battery drainage with my eye and I thought you couldn't check statistics screens, etc. that you normally can. But regardless, everyone that said to try it in safe mode didn't talk about looking at reporting screens, etc. if you can, until you did now?

Thanks.
    04-01-2020 03:19 PM
    I'm confused though, how can you look at a battery statistics screen while in safe mode? I was told in safe mode all you can do is limited functions like use the phone and message? And I already provided a battery statistics screen on page 1 while I'm not in safe mode, does that not help?

Sorry, just confused. Because I thought when I do try safe mode, it's only to check the battery drainage with my eye and I thought you couldn't check statistics screens, etc. that you normally can. But regardless, everyone that said to try it in safe mode didn't talk about looking at reporting screens, etc. if you can, until you did now?

Thanks.
    Device care doesn't turn off in safe mode to check the stats.

Have you tried safe mode , any difference?
    04-01-2020 03:45 PM
    Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply but I just tried safe mode over the past 24 hours. My phone was at 99% at 3:30 PM yesterday when I put it into safe mode. I went to bed at 11 PM and it was at 65%. It got down to 30% at 3:30 PM today when I turned it off. So in 24 hours, it went down about 70%. I would say the battery didn't drain as fast in safe mode than normally, but again I don't know if that's just because I wasn't using my phone as often since the apps weren't available to use. Kinda like I mentioned before when I'm not in safe mode, it doesn't drain as fast when I'm not using apps. But overall, I'm not sure that although it seemed to drain slower in safe mode, it perhaps maybe still drained a little quicker than before when this whole issue started with the update that led to me creating the topic...not sure though. I also noticed when I was in safe mode that most apps weren't usable but Facebook was, but I still didn't use it. Just found that weird. Also, side note, in the past before I ever tried safe mode, I have sometimes put it into the power saving modes of "mid or max" at times and that has helped not drain the battery...if that means anything.

But going back to safe mode, I took pictures of the battery statistics screens before I took my phone out of safe mode just now. I took pictures of the same things like I did early in this topic when someone asked me to do so. Thought it might be helpful. So thoughts on all this and what to do now?

Battery dying quicker on my Samsung Galaxy S7?-screenshot_20200903-153043_device-maintenance.jpg
    Battery dying quicker on my Samsung Galaxy S7?-2.jpg
    Battery dying quicker on my Samsung Galaxy S7?-3.jpg
    Battery dying quicker on my Samsung Galaxy S7?-4.jpg
    Battery dying quicker on my Samsung Galaxy S7?-5.jpg
    Battery dying quicker on my Samsung Galaxy S7?-6.jpg
    09-03-2020 03:53 PM
    Bump thanks!
    09-25-2020 11:22 PM
    Bump again, hoping for responses based off my latest post from 9/3 after doing your suggested safe mode idea? Thanks!
    09-30-2020 04:58 PM
    Hey , let me reread everything again , been awhile
    09-30-2020 05:01 PM
    Is this the original battery?
    09-30-2020 05:06 PM
59 123