Battery dying quicker on my Samsung Galaxy S7?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You didn't full answer mooncatt last question? Check safe mode if you still having the issue? Also if that's the original battery you only going see a decrease .

jagsfan05

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
You didn't full answer mooncatt last question? Check safe mode if you still having the issue? Also if that's the original battery you only going see a decrease .

Thanks for the reply! To do safe mode would that be to just do what B Diddy said in post 5 when he referred me to the T-Mobile external site? But I'm not even sure what to do in safe mode once it pulls up or what I'm even looking for to solve my issue?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! To do safe mode would that be to just do what B Diddy said in post 5 when he referred me to the T-Mobile external site? But I'm not even sure what to do in safe mode once it pulls up or what I'm even looking for to solve my issue?
That is correct, safe mode is your phone diagnostic mode and will turn off all 3rd party apps like your windows computer in safe mode, you can observe battery drain if its the same and if it's not means most likely a 3rd party app is draining the battery.

jagsfan05

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok thanks guys! So basically do the steps in the link on post 5 for going into safe mode and then just see if my battery drains the same way as always? That's all I need to do? Nothing else and just report back here? What if it's too close to call on whether it's the same or not drainage wise?

Also, do I need to be in safe mode for a specific amount of time, etc. to do this? Can calls/texting still come through and work like normal while in safe mode?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok thanks guys! So basically do the steps in the link on post 5 for going into safe mode and then just see if my battery drains the same way as always? That's all I need to do? Nothing else and just report back here? What if it's too close to call on whether it's the same or not drainage wise?

Also, do I need to be in safe mode for a specific amount of time, etc. to do this? Can calls/texting still come through and work like normal while in safe mode?
Yes you can stay as long as you like in safe mode to determine , you wont have 3rd party apps work but can get message and phone calls, and to exit out just reboot.

jagsfan05

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok thanks! Another question before I try safe mode like recommended....is it worth noting that my phone usually doesn't seem to drain battery as quickly when I'm not using it? It seems to be only a lot more when I'm obviously using it and on apps, etc. But when I'm not, it doesn't seem to have the problem as bad.

With that being said, should I still try safe mode? Just wondering if that definitely means it's the apps or something else, etc.

If I do safe mode, do I basically just do the steps in the link on post 5 for going into safe mode and then just see if my battery drains the same way as always? That's all I need to do? Nothing else and just report back here? What if it's too close to call on whether it's the same or not drainage wise?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok thanks! Another question before I try safe mode like recommended....is it worth noting that my phone usually doesn't seem to drain battery as quickly when I'm not using it? It seems to be only a lot more when I'm obviously using it and on apps, etc. But when I'm not, it doesn't seem to have the problem as bad.

With that being said, should I still try safe mode? Just wondering if that definitely means it's the apps or something else, etc.

If I do safe mode, do I basically just do the steps in the link on post 5 for going into safe mode and then just see if my battery drains the same way as always? That's all I need to do? Nothing else and just report back here? What if it's too close to call on whether it's the same or not drainage wise?
Safe mode will disable all 3rd party apps to see if any of them are acting up , you still get to make calls and text . It's a diagnostic function , so we try this and see the results .

jagsfan05

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Safe mode will disable all 3rd party apps to see if any of them are acting up , you still get to make calls and text . It's a diagnostic function , so we try this and see the results .

Thanks! Yeah, I understand that. But what I'm saying is, if my phone doesn't seem to drain as much when I'm not using it compared to when I am using it, doesn't that already mean that it is the apps causing the problems? And do I even need to go into safe mode? Just wondering if running safe mode is going to be the same as me not using apps not in safe mode? Make sense?

Just curious.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks! Yeah, I understand that. But what I'm saying is, if my phone doesn't seem to drain as much when I'm not using it compared to when I am using it, doesn't that already mean that it is the apps causing the problems? And do I even need to go into safe mode? Just wondering if running safe mode is going to be the same as me not using apps not in safe mode? Make sense?

Just curious.
We just want confirm if a 3rd party app that's all

Best way is to fully charge your battery run it down to 20 % and look at the battery stat see what's going on .

jagsfan05

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
We just want confirm if a 3rd party app that's all

Best way is to fully charge your battery run it down to 20 % and look at the battery stat see what's going on .

Thanks, makes sense. But wait, I'm confused on your last line. Are you saying to do that while I'm in safe mode? Because I thought I was told when I try safe mode to not do anything except notice if the battery drains the same or not?

Or do you mean not in safe mode? Because if not in safe mode, I already did that and showed my results on Page 1?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, makes sense. But wait, I'm confused on your last line. Are you saying to do that while I'm in safe mode? Because I thought I was told when I try safe mode to not do anything except notice if the battery drains the same or not?

Or do you mean not in safe mode? Because if not in safe mode, I already did that and showed my results on Page 1?
You can do both and compare nothing wrong with that .

jagsfan05

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
You can do both and compare nothing wrong with that .

I'm confused though, how can you look at a battery statistics screen while in safe mode? I was told in safe mode all you can do is limited functions like use the phone and message? And I already provided a battery statistics screen on page 1 while I'm not in safe mode, does that not help?

Sorry, just confused. Because I thought when I do try safe mode, it's only to check the battery drainage with my eye and I thought you couldn't check statistics screens, etc. that you normally can. But regardless, everyone that said to try it in safe mode didn't talk about looking at reporting screens, etc. if you can, until you did now?

Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm confused though, how can you look at a battery statistics screen while in safe mode? I was told in safe mode all you can do is limited functions like use the phone and message? And I already provided a battery statistics screen on page 1 while I'm not in safe mode, does that not help?

Sorry, just confused. Because I thought when I do try safe mode, it's only to check the battery drainage with my eye and I thought you couldn't check statistics screens, etc. that you normally can. But regardless, everyone that said to try it in safe mode didn't talk about looking at reporting screens, etc. if you can, until you did now?

Thanks.
Device care doesn't turn off in safe mode to check the stats.

Have you tried safe mode , any difference?

jagsfan05

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply but I just tried safe mode over the past 24 hours. My phone was at 99% at 3:30 PM yesterday when I put it into safe mode. I went to bed at 11 PM and it was at 65%. It got down to 30% at 3:30 PM today when I turned it off. So in 24 hours, it went down about 70%. I would say the battery didn't drain as fast in safe mode than normally, but again I don't know if that's just because I wasn't using my phone as often since the apps weren't available to use. Kinda like I mentioned before when I'm not in safe mode, it doesn't drain as fast when I'm not using apps. But overall, I'm not sure that although it seemed to drain slower in safe mode, it perhaps maybe still drained a little quicker than before when this whole issue started with the update that led to me creating the topic...not sure though. I also noticed when I was in safe mode that most apps weren't usable but Facebook was, but I still didn't use it. Just found that weird. Also, side note, in the past before I ever tried safe mode, I have sometimes put it into the power saving modes of "mid or max" at times and that has helped not drain the battery...if that means anything.

But going back to safe mode, I took pictures of the battery statistics screens before I took my phone out of safe mode just now. I took pictures of the same things like I did early in this topic when someone asked me to do so. Thought it might be helpful. So thoughts on all this and what to do now?

Screenshot_20200903-153043_Device maintenance.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae