Is my screen, digitizer and or my lcd broken?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Samsung Galaxy s7 sm-G930VL(GP). I've cracked the screen from the upper left side of phone. The touch screen above the buttons on bottom won't respond but home button still responds to my fingerprint. There is some discoloration from left side. Could the screen have popped up or out a bit because of fall and that's why the screen above buttons is not responsive?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Regardless of how it happened, the trauma from the fall caused damage to the screen and the digitizer, so you'll need to get it replaced. Are you asking because you plan to replace it yourself?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're planning on doing it yourself, the only suggestion I can offer is DON'T! It normally takes 5-6 tries before a trained technician can do it without breaking something. You get only 1 chance.

So, if you're bring it to a repair shop or sending it to Samsung, they won't replace the digitizer (the part that registers your touch) on a cracked screen, they'll replace the screen.

If you try to replace the digitizer yourself (and it's tempting, it's cheaper than the whole screen), and you break something, Samsung won't touch it, most repair shops won't touch it, and you'll be left with a useless phone. And even if you do replace it without overheating the screen (you need a heat gun to replace it) or damaging something else, it may still not work because the screen itself may be causing the problem. So that's about $100 wasted.

Save money - have the screen replaced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois