Hey guys. So I was wondering if the S7 has a weak antenna because sitting in the break room at work, I literally get no signal at all, but my coworker gets 2 bars on her iPhone 7. We are both on Cricket. I recently upgraded from an S4 mini to the S7 and the S4 mini actually was able to make a network connection in the break room, although it was intermittent.
    04-03-2019 03:27 PM
    There's no such thing as a "weak antenna", antennas aren't active devices. (Basically, the antenna is just a piece of wire.) The S7 might have a less sensitive receiver, you may have a defective S7, or someone may be running a microwave oven in the break room. (There's no way a few milliwatts of cellphone signal is going to compete with 1,200 Watts of microwave signal. Try getting a signal sitting right next to the person with the iPhone at the same time they're getting a signal. If you still don't, I'd suspect a bad S7.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-03-2019 04:16 PM
    There's no such thing as a "weak antenna", antennas aren't active devices. (Basically, the antenna is just a piece of wire.) The S7 might have a less sensitive receiver, you may have a defective S7, or someone may be running a microwave oven in the break room. (There's no way a few milliwatts of cellphone signal is going to compete with 1,200 Watts of microwave signal. Try getting a signal sitting right next to the person with the iPhone at the same time they're getting a signal. If you still don't, I'd suspect a bad S7.)
    Hi. I sit next to my coworker during lunch when she is able to get a signal. There is also another coworker I sat next to today who is on AT&T and was able to get a signal.
    04-05-2019 03:26 PM
    Hello again. I have more information that may be of help. Although the IMEI on the back cover of my S7 matches the IMEI in Android, the model on the back cover says it's an SM-G930V, whereas in Android it says SM-G930U. This leads me to believe that this is actually a G930V flashed to G930U. This wasn't stated in the Ebay listing that I bought this phone from. I'm going to contact the seller to verify that this has been flashed to G930U.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-2019 04:24 PM