Voice Mail Notification not dialing correct number

May 7, 2019
Visit site
Hi! I just switched back to the S7 after damaging the original one in a motorcycle accident. I replaced it temporarily with a Moto G5 Plus (suckiest phone ever) and now I have a new S7.

Here's the problem: On my old S7, whenever I'd get a voice mail, I'd get a notification, and when I swiped down, it would show me the number that called, and the time. I could press on it, and it would dial *86 which is the shortcut to voice mail.

Now, on the new phone, when you swipe down, it merely shows "Voice Mail" and nothing else. Also, when you press on the notification it goes to something called "visual voicemail" which not only have I never heard of, but I don't want either.

How do I reset it to call *86 and go to my regular voicemail?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's up to the carrier - bring the phone into them and ask them - they could have changed their codes just after your accident.

May 7, 2019
Visit site
That's up to the carrier - bring the phone into them and ask them - they could have changed their codes just after your accident.

Well, rats. That's exactly what I didn't want to hear.

Oh well... another trip to the carrier, and maybe another $40 service charge for me walking in the door...

Are there any settings in the phone (geez they're really complicated!) that will allow me to make the phone show caller ID?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings>Voicemail, and make sure the voicemail call-in number is correct for your carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance