Horrible battery life, what gives?

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Here’s the story. I just bought a Galaxy S7 refurbished. I’m coming from an IPhone 6s. I have recently replaced the battery in the iPhone and it works excellent. It holds charge for a long time, just like a new phone. I got bored of the iOS (again) and wanted to switch back to Android.

I bought a Galaxy S7 (refurb). I was excited about the phone...but...The battery life is absolutely horrible. It drains much faster than the iPhone. I don’t want to run the phone on power saving mode. What else can I do? Is the battery life a known issue for the galaxy s7? How do you live with this or improve it?

Or, I can just return it for a refund.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The last I knew, the S7 had decent battery life. You may have a bad refurb. I would try for en exchange if you like the phone.

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The last I knew, the S7 had decent battery life. You may have a bad refurb. I would try for en exchange if you like the phone.

The percentage for the battery drops by the minute when using the phone. Never seen anything quite like it. I am glad that I can just return it, but it’s disappointing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The percentage for the battery drops by the minute when using the phone. Never seen anything quite like it. I am glad that I can just return it, but it’s disappointing.
Just so your aware , iPhone hold the charge for awhile before you start seeing it dip, on Android you will see it go down as soon as 15 to 20 minutes but it should get you through the day almost . I had the s7 edge which had the bigger battery so I'm thinking the regular should be a little less battery time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the General News forum to the S7 forum for more specific traffic.

Refurbished doesn't necessarily mean the battery has been replaced. If the previous owner used the phone pretty hard (e.g., letting it drain to zero on a regular basis), that could've led to increased battery degradation, and therefore shorter battery life. You can use AccuBattery to get an idea of the "battery health."

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I moved this from the General News forum to the S7 forum for more specific traffic.

Refurbished doesn't necessarily mean the battery has been replaced. If the previous owner used the phone pretty hard (e.g., letting it drain to zero on a regular basis), that could've led to increased battery degradation, and therefore shorter battery life. You can use AccuBattery to get an idea of the "battery health."

FYI, after you moved it, I received zero responses and help...so, thanks I suppose.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But I also gave you a suggestion as well, which was to check the battery health with AccuBattery.

If you'd like, I could move this to the General Help forum instead. It's just that General News is intended for discussion on what's in tech news, not for problems with a phone.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
FYI, after you moved it, I received zero responses and help...so, thanks I suppose.

Such a thread does not belong in General News, and I too would have moved it to S7, especially as you asked a question about the S7’s battery life. Users in that forum would know, whereas very few in the General News forum would, and even if they did, they would quite rightly not expect to find such a question there.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The phone is also 3 years old. Chances are most people have probably moved on to different devices by now if they bought it near initial release date.