After Update Samsung S7 Home Screen Auto Rotates Badly

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In the last few weeks I've noticed that my Samsung S7 Home Screen has started to Auto-Rotate. That's ok, but it's doing it badly.

The icons on the screen are not re-positioning themselves for the new screen layout. As a result only a few are displaying. This makes the screen stupid and pointless.

I'd actually like to switch this feature off as I don't even want screen rotation on my home screen, but I can only find an option to switch it off globally for all apps.

Any suggestions?

Yith

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

Done.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Long-press an empty part of the homescreen -- does it give you homescreen options? If so, then see if there's a setting to prevent auto-rotation for the homescreen only.

Otherwise, consider installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova, which does allow you to prevent auto-rotation of the homescreen only.

Another thing to try with the native launcher is to clear out the homescreens and then set them up again. I wonder if the problem happens with a "legacy" homescreen setup that existed before the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol