Hi gang,

I had a previous S7 and I got the BSOD on it - no resets would work, so I took out the SD card and got a replacement refurb on Ebay. Installed the new SIM card and SD card and got apps back, but I am noticing a new issue with this phone that I haven't encountered before.

It appears that ANY app I am using, after some period of time, the app will "close" or move to the background. It doesn't crash or become unusable, but it acts as if I went to the main menu and moved the app to the background, where I could hit the left button and bring it back up again.

It's happened with the primary Phone app, with the Google Maps app while driving, any my Night Clock app, which is frustrating since I leave that on as my alarm clock, when it moves to the background, it shuts the screen off.

I have tried killing off some apps, restarting the phone, clearing the cache and data from each app and haven't had success yet.

Has anyone run into this before, and if so, have you figured out what might be causing it? I hope it's not a software problem.
    03-18-2020 06:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Join the discussion in this thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ml#post6762650. Thread closed to prevent parallel discussions.
    03-19-2020 03:11 PM