Galaxy S8 Active coming in the near future!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Still not thrilled about the lack of physical buttons.

Seems we don't have a lot say about anything anymore Buddy! The ONLY way we could get Samsung to make a change that WE want is to stop buying as a group - and you know that'll never happen!

DesertN0mad

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
The new slides reveal the size of the S8 Active when compared to the other S8's:

S8 dimensions: 5.86” x 2.68” x .31”
S8 Active dimensions: 5.99” x 2.95” x .39”
S8 Plus dimensions: 6.28" x 2.89" x 0.32"

The dimensions in mm:
S8 dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0
S8 Active dimensions: 152.15 x 74.93 x 9.91
S8 Plus dimensions: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1

It sort of fits in the middle.... :D

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_active_detailed_specs_leak-news-26451.php#image1

Last edited:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The new slides reveal the size of the S8 Active when compared to the other S8's:

S8 dimensions: 5.86” x 2.68” x .31”
S8 Active dimensions: 5.99” x 2.95” x .39”
S8 Plus dimensions: 6.28" x 2.89" x 0.32"

The dimensions in mm:
S8 dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0
S8 Active dimensions: 152.15 x 74.93 x 9.91
S8 Plus dimensions: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1

It sort of fits in the middle.... :D

Samsung Galaxy S8 Active detailed specs leak - GSMArena.com news

Yeah, I think going to the flat screen, the metal body and bolstering the edges for shock resistance, it had to get a bit larger than the standard S8. I like it... I want to hold it in one hand and a Note 8 in the other hand and then make a decision. I might just end up with the Active. I've been enjoying the S7 Active since they took my Note 7s away from me - what the Hell, right?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a great device. Flat glass. Shock proof. Big battery. Water resistant. I could live without the buttons although I would prefer them. Make one with 16/9 screen

I actually liked the physical keys, it helps you use the phone while the phone is still wet. But it's nicer now the screen is bigger and has less bezels.

DesertN0mad

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
The Galaxy S8 Active has now been appeared on the AT&T website! Sadly, not on the phone order page; not yet anyway.

it is located at the link below in reference to an AT&T promo for a Samsung TV. The 3 Galaxy S8 models are listed as being eligible for the promo.

Hey, the fact that the S8 Active is actually mentioned by AT&T has got to mean that this phone is going live on the order page soon! :D

Click on the link, scroll down the page, and expand the "What Samsung smartphones are eligible" section and lo and behold, there is the Active!!!

https://www.att.com/deals/samsung-tv-deal.html

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I think going to the flat screen, the metal body and bolstering the edges for shock resistance, it had to get a bit larger than the standard S8. I like it... I want to hold it in one hand and a Note 8 in the other hand and then make a decision. I might just end up with the Active. I've been enjoying the S7 Active since they took my Note 7s away from me - what the Hell, right?

If you plan to put a case on the Note 8 you should put a case on and then compare. The regular S series' biggest advantage over the Active series is their looks, but after owning a S6 Active and then a regular S7 I realized that with a case the regular S series is uglier, thicker, and heavier than the Active series.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you plan to put a case on the Note 8 you should put a case on and then compare. The regular S series' biggest advantage over the Active series is their looks, but after owning a S6 Active and then a regular S7 I realized that with a case the regular S series is uglier, thicker, and heavier than the Active series.

Not a problem for me... I always run Big, Ugly cases on all my phones! Protection first - looks last, in my mind! Here's my old Note 7 in it's iBlason case... kinda' looked like my Super Duty!

Note7.jpg

DesertN0mad

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
Cheers to big, ugly, tank-like cases that keep our phones safe and running trouble free after all of the rough and tumble!

I use over-sized cases, massive extended battery cases (11800mAh!), and sometimes even put a cased phone into another case!

The backpack can take considerable abuse scrambling down a steep slope. The phone always survives! :)

DesertN0mad

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
Whoa, the reference to the S8 Active on the AT&T website has now been removed! All of the Android news websites reported on the fact that this was an official acknowledgement from AT&T that the S8 Active release was imminent.

Now that AT&T has removed the reference from the website, who knows when the S8 Active will be released. A non-existent phone that I was able to order a case for.... :)

Here is the AT&T link where the reference to the S8 Active has been removed. Scroll down the page and expand the "What Samsung smartphones are eligible" section:

https://www.att.com/deals/samsung-tv-deal.html

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I was on "My AT&T" this afternoon and selected "Upgrade My Eligible Phone" then went to "Available Phones" then selected "Chat"! I told the "Chat Rep" that I had seen pictures and specs for the Galaxy S8 Active - had they heard any news on when it would be available. He asked me to hang on for a minute then came back and said they were expecting the S8 Actives to arrive from Samsung in mid-September, just after the Note 8 ships! Can I trust him? Sounded like a good answer...

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just release the phone already! I'm ready to upgrade from my S5 Active and the S8 Active has to be ready to launch. /rant

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just release the phone already! I'm ready to upgrade from my S5 Active and the S8 Active has to be ready to launch. /rant

Laugh.jpg

Samsung probably doesn't want it to disrupt the introduction of their "Flagship" Note 8 so they're stalling it 'til after the Note ships! :-(

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has bungled this completely.

I cannot understand why this phone was not out in June, or why they ever release it later than the S series anyway. I could not wait and jumped in a great deal for my s8, but now I am juggling various cases for various events.

If I had the s8 Active instead, I would have tempered glass, a dBrand and just rock that 24/7
Really going to give another brand a consideration for my next device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech