Galaxy S8 Active not coming?

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Typically the Active series are released mid-June. It's already md-July, Summer's half way over. Is it not coming out this year?

I believe it was on phone arena, but I've seen a couple of stories which alleged photos of it and i think there was a shot from a casemaker as well.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Cruiser has been to the FCC and has wifi cert, I'm seeing August 1 as projected date for AT&T.

Today is August 1! The Active series was supposed to be an annual summer release so people can go outdoors and swimming with it. Summer is nearly over. Been patiently waiting for the S8 Active. The S7 Active was good but screen was too small and was still using the old USB micro. Hopefully it gets released soon!!!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Was curious if the delay was due to getting Bixby voice completed?

It might be actually. Their focus was mainly on Bixby during the past months. Or it could be they wanted to maximize sales of the regular S8 first before releasing a "premium" version (some may argue with that).

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Well Bixby is out... so what's the hold up now? Let's get this show on the road! At least give me something to toy with while I wait for the Note 8?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy