I have a S8 Active; ask me anything

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
1. Connection with Samsung. 2. No it doesn't scratch easily. 3 yes Samsung only. 4. No plastic layer. 5 only bixby button. 6 no customization. 7. Metal frame, bumpers feel like metal polymer mkx that's screwed into the sides. Middle of back feels like last year's. 8 it's about 1.5x thick at the normal s8. 9. The bezzels aren't thin at all. I'll post a pic. 10. Yes screen is completely flat. 11. No underwater mode that I can see, it's the exact same camera software as on my s8+.

So the display is all glass? Last year they had that plastic on top. Samsung screwed us with Bixby again. The Active key was very useful. Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the S8 Active.

Oh and I forgot, same exact aspect ratio as the regular S8? Borders on YouTube videos? And any word on expected release date?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
You mean the water-resistant defect? That was an issue for some
That was an issue for alot more than some. There's a reason they gave us a full year warranty even for water after the defects aired on national news outlets. Basically every phone manufactured before July was defective.

That was a great phone ruined by a single seal.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
You could probably flash the regular S8 TMobile software on it... Last year they had a lot of specific S7 active features like the active button and different features in the camera. They don't this year. So with the right software and it being unlocked maybe you wouldn't have those issues.
That's interesting. If it's the same software as the standard s8 series and no added active stuff then it's very possible to flash with all variants including the unlocked software.

anon(45902)

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yea all glass... And yea they did the same aspect ratio only flat like what the G6 did. And no idea actually I was actually surprised when my contact just had one laying around!!

anon(45902)

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yea I've literally seen nothing "active" about it software wise... But this could be a pre release software and only be running s8 software to test the build. So that's also a possibility

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Yea I've literally seen nothing "active" about it software wise... But this could be a pre release software and only be running s8 software to test the build. So that's also a possibility
Can you post the software version listed in the "about" section? I'm curious if it's identical to the att s8 version.

anon(45902)

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
No idea yet... But historically they're behind schedule and this seems pretty complete.. I'd assume within a month. They wouldn't want it to close to the aig 24th announcement of the note 8.