No Edge Screen, No Edge Panel

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Keep this in mind if you plan on moving from an S8/S8+. In the last month I decided to setup my Edge Panel on my S8+ and got all used it and realized it wasn't on the Active. Not a big deal to me though just thought people should know.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Samsung why you no want my money? It took weeks of training to stop swiping on my work issued s7.
Honestly I do not use the edge much on my s8 because of that, but to exclude it completely is another fail from Korea.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The reason I got an S7 Active instead of an S7 Edge when they took away my Note 7, was I could not stand that Edge Panel. My fingers kept triggering things when I didn't want them to trigger! So, I purchased the S7 Active instead and love it... now I am looking at it's replacement, the S8 Active.

Why would you expect an Edge Panel on a Flat Screen folks? Just because this says S8? It's a different phone with a flat screen and I, for one, am happy that it does not have an Edge Panel! Thank you Samsung!

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
The reason I got an S7 Active instead of an S7 Edge when they took away my Note 7, was I could not stand that Edge Panel. My fingers kept triggering things when I didn't want them to trigger! So, I purchased the S7 Active instead and love it... now I am looking at it's replacement, the S8 Active.

Why would you expect an Edge Panel on a Flat Screen folks? Just because this says S8? It's a different phone with a flat screen and I, for one, am happy that it does not have an Edge Panel! Thank you Samsung!
For sure, just thought I'd put it out there for folks who are trying to compare the two and over look the edge panel feature of they happen to use it a lot. But yeah I'm not dependent on it and don't mind not having it.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I never used the edge panel on my previous devices. I tried but didn't like it. I much prefer the flat screen. It's nice though to have options for everyone.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
The chick at the ATT store had an S8, in a case, with a cracked screen. She said it was the 3rd or 4th S8 she had cracked. Edge this.