Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Shatter Resistant Screen Extreme Durability Test

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, put a video together doing an extreme durability test with the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. I originally wasn't aware of the shatter resistant screen, so now that I am, decided to see how strong it was.

When I saw the car tire, I sat back in my chair and said "Goodbye" - I can't believe it stood up to that! I have an S7 Active and I KNOW it's a beast but would never expect it to live through being run over by a car! I didn't really think the S8 Actives would be as rugged as the previous years... oh well!
Dunno.jpg

Thanks for the video!!!

pwrdbykyank

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea same here, I was expecting to pick up a warped phone or see pressure spots on the screen or even a broken screen underneath but nothing. It looks just as it did before getting run over. Was surprised. No problem :)

TiredMom4boys

Jul 20, 2021
Visit site
Yea same here, I was expecting to pick up a warped phone or see pressure spots on the screen or even a broken screen underneath but nothing. It looks just as it did before getting run over. Was surprised. No problem :)

I know this is an older post, but I had to respond. The other day my son forgot his phone on the convertible roof of the car on his way to work the night shift. (It has no case)
He retraced his steps after he got off the next day, which was after rush hour. He spotted it just as a jeep hit it and rooster tailed it in the air right in front of him, in the gore point entering the freeway.
Couple gouges in the metal, not even a scratch on the screen. Everything works on it! Lol