I had a small bump which broke the tempered glass screen protector... Problem is the tempered glassed punctured the poly screen on the active. It really dug in and tore it up.

Now I have a question... Can you replace the poly screen on the s8 active? Can you replace the whole screen. I just got the phone and even have a case on it... Yeah, I know.

Any help is welcomed
    10-12-2017 01:51 PM
    I read in another thread that Samsung was fixing shattered Note 8 screens for about 200 dollars. Probably the S8 Active would be a similar price, it's an OUCH for sure but still better than the cost of a whole new phone. Try contacting Samsung....

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=bAMt0A3x
    10-12-2017 02:49 PM
    I've always used tempered glass screen protectors on my Active 7 and the screen looks as new as the day I took it out of the box. Guess it's either bad luck or YMMV.
    JORENO likes this.
    10-13-2017 08:16 AM
    I had a small bump which broke the tempered glass screen protector... Problem is the tempered glassed punctured the poly screen on the active. It really dug in and tore it up.

Now I have a question... Can you replace the poly screen on the s8 active? Can you replace the whole screen. I just got the phone and even have a case on it... Yeah, I know.

Any help is welcomed
    I'm not sure about the Active. FWIW, with the Moto shattershields you could replace the top layer (I had it done on a Turbo 2 and I think they still do it on the Force).

If it was me, I might call Samsung or AT&T and see if they will replace it for free since the phone is supposed to be shatter resistant. I realize your phone didn't shatter, but the screen still got messed up, which is not supposed to happen. It's worth a phone call or two.

Good luck.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-13-2017 08:30 AM
    I'm not sure about the Active. FWIW, with the Moto shattershields you could replace the top layer (I had it done on a Turbo 2 and I think they still do it on the Force).

If it was me, I might call Samsung or AT&T and see if they will replace it for free since the phone is supposed to be shatter resistant. I realize your phone didn't shatter, but the screen still got messed up, which is not supposed to happen. It's worth a phone call or two.

Good luck.
    ALWAYS worth asking! My brother had a laptop screen crack on him for no good reason. He thought he was screwed, BUT he called the company anyways. It turns out there is/was an issue with the latch on his model and they ended up fixing his screen under warranty! HP footed the bill because there was a known issue with the latch. He's an HP buyer for life now!
    10-13-2017 08:54 AM
    I've always had the glass screen protector on top of my S7 Active, which had a poly carbonate layer. I've seen posts of people complaining how easy the poly layer scratched. There is a video of someone removing the plastic layer with a Phillips screwdriver and underneath, the glass looks brand new.

Can you show pics of it?

Here is the video:

PowrDroid likes this.
    10-19-2017 03:47 PM