Anyone having issues with wifi calling turning off after being activated?

Had my S8 active for 2 months (Bought directly from Samsung). Both my office and house are in marginal AT&T in-building coverage areas and have successfully relied on wifi calling in both areas in the past. I set up wifi calling when I received the phone.

There have been approximately 4 instances where I will either have an issue with a call or I get the home screen notification to turn on wifi calling. In either case, when I go into settings/connections/wifi calling. The wifi calling toggle is off. I know I didn't go in and turn it off. Not sure if this is a bug or is there some shortcut to turning on/off wifi calling that I am mistakenly activating.

I've tried going through Samsung support but there only suggestion is to send the phone in.

Thanks
    10-18-2017 10:08 AM
    I'm a former AT&T store rep (left in May), so I hope I can provide the help you need.

Whenever we saw this issue with any Samsung phone (including my own son's S6 Active), it ended up having to either have the firmware completely flashed (which Samsung did for me) or replaced under warranty.

If you have a Samsung store, or a store-within-a-store at a Best Buy, for example, take it to them. Most of those places can help with firmware issues.

Since you bought it from Sammy directly, AT&T stores can't do much, but they have a troubleshooting tablet that might help. Also, usage of that tablet is monitored and scored as part of their performance, so a "free" SmartCheck for the rep would be good for them, too.
    10-18-2017 10:34 AM
    Thanks. I have a Best Buy near me. I'll try that. Appreciate the help.
    10-19-2017 04:57 PM
    best buy does not have the Samsung experience anymore...
    10-21-2017 01:41 AM