Oreo Update???

jkeener88

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Trying to run it off the SD Card, and it is stuck on Verifying update package for about 15 minutes so far...

So not sure if thus is gonna work or not.

jkeener88

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Didn't work

Then I did it with Odin and it seemed like it worked, but after I go through the welcome and setup it is still 7.0

LOL

jkeener88

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
All is back to Nougat (original), I guess I will just wait until AT&T finally makes it available via a software update, whenever that will be.

bikereb

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
Sure wish it didn't take AT&T so long to update the Active after the other S8s were updated

I have the S8 Active too. The device itself is great. Having come from an iPhone 7 plus, this was my first Android device. Do I miss the iPhone? Sometimes, but otherwise I love Android. All I know is that Samsung has created a stinking mess of an ecosystem. If I could do it over again, I would have selected the Google Pixel 2. At least I would have updates. To not have 8.0 by now AND be behind 5 months on security updates is unconscionable.

jkeener88

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Update:

I was able to successfully update to:
G892AUCU2BRC5
Android version 8.0.0

All is working great. Did the Odin/OTA upgrade from xda-developers forum.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have an update coming in at 1252.71 MB, it's downloading now. That's too big for a security update, isn't it? Could this be Oreo?

I'm on At&t, in Oklahoma.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
So far it seems to be snappier and sharper on the display. The battery doesn't seem to be any different, I left the house at 6:00 am and it's 10:35 am and I'm at 94%.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I need help people! I use an unlocked AT&T S8 Active. How do I get the Oreo update? I really don't know much about OdinOTA or whatever? Please help, anyone?

If you're not using an AT&T sim, you won't get it through OTA. You would need to download the firmware and flash it in Odin. If you're on AT&T then you would just need to do what Jeremyds45 said and hope it pops up for you.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Beware of Oreo update!! I downloaded this on my Note 8 and have had a number of issues to include random power resets, missing notifications, Google assistant crashes, app icon inconsistencies and quicker battery drain. head on over to then Note 8 forum if you want to see for yourself.

That's not to say that all of these issues will appear on our S8 actives (yes I have this phone too) but they could. I suspect part of the issue is how Samsung 9.0 UI interacts with Android 8 Oreo.

I will not be downloading Oreo on my S8 active until 8.1 is released and bugs are squashed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz