Who likes there s8 active

mookie1028

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
So I'm debating on getting the s8 active but I like the lg v30 as well .
So can any one tell me why the s8 active is better iv had the note 8 to big and the s8 plus curved screen again scares me if I accidently drop it too fragile . I like that it its flat screen it robust bigger battery but I'm still on the fence can yall help me ?

jkeener88

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I love mine, but maybe only thing that is a con is that they are a little rare. I used to have an icrappy phone. Good luck on your decision.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I went from a Note 5 to the 8 Active and they are about the same size. I would've stayed with N5 but it was starting to act up,y wife has the 8+ and I don't like the size or the curved screen so for me the 8 Active is perfect. The battery is fantastic!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Huh, Samsung didn't give us the active variant in Australia, so I spat the dummy and got a Cat phone..... Their loss.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
V30 has terrible screen quality. Active is heavy. I liked the Active for the brief time I had one, but I wanted something lighter, so I sold it. I wouldn't touch a V30 since the screens are so poor quality.

mookie1028

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
ok guys . decision time. I went with the s8 active due to the non curved screen and size of phone. its a s8+ but just the right size for me

jkeener88

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
cool, I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed, except for maybe the rare thing, but hopefully if more people get on board, that will change over time.

evan_2k

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
your going to love the battery life, i sure do.
i can't stand curved screens.
the active series has been great for me.

mookie1028

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Go for it. I am not disappointed I love the phone and every one thought I got a iPhone then they were amazed to learn that it was a Samsung. Same phone as the s8+ with out the curved screen with out edge apps that I never used on my s7+, big battery and now since I tweaked it to the way I wanted its ( FABOLUS ). One thing though don't buy the cases from the stores there big and bulky and you get a better deal going on ebay, Found slim clear case
$6 dollors for a Rosebono Slim Scratch-Resistant Shockproof hard case

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
So I've owned both the S8 active
and the LGV30. I'll start by saying they're both great phones. The LGV30 is incredibly light and slim with a large screen and pretty good battery life. Its pretty ruggedtoo in that I didn't use a case with it it held up from a couple of drops. I think itsthe most durable glass back phone out there.

Where the S8 active excels is in battery life and ruggedness... you are not going to break this phone. I also prefer Samsung's interface a bit more and you can't beat their displays. one downside is the S8 active is heavy as **** for a phone this size.

Ultimately the S8 active is my daily driver and the Note8 is my backup business phone.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I cannot stand curved screens either but wish they made active in size bigger than 5.8" and in a ratio other than 18.5x9
it makes the phone look smaller.

case in point, note 4 in 16:9 and 5.7" looks bigger than 5.8" active

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Love my S8 Active...I don't like the curved screen and the battery is stronger. The only downside I've seen is that it's heavy compared to other phones, but personally I'm OK with that.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going with the Pixel 2 XL. I already had the active several months ago and didn't like the heft of it lol. Enjoy your Active's it's a great battery life beast.

Mikehill11729

May 2, 2018
Visit site
I love my s8 active. Unfortunately there is a few flaws after updates and some things from day 1 all minor. Either way its not 100%. They make you send this phone into be fixed. Are they serious that ridiculous. All there other phones you can go to u break I fix or there experience store I cannot be without my phone for 7-11 days. For now on I will no longer by samsung or recommend them. There service for repairing is way behind other manufacturers which is unfortunate. $900 phone I shouldn't be not happy with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781