July Security Patch

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm with ATT in the U.S. and am wondering if anyone else is still on the July security patch? Everytime I check update it comes back that I'm up to date.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
On T-mobile, on August. Usually have the latest patch by now, starting to wonder if the active will be ignored from now on.

bikereb

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
Same for me on the S8 Active. July patch. Random reboots at least every other day. Non-existent Samsung support. Will probably go back to an iPhone.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Same for me on the S8 Active. July patch. Random reboots at least every other day. Non-existent Samsung support. Will probably go back to an iPhone.

It's been years since I have had an iPhone but I'm thinking of giving it a try. Just have to get out of jump on demand from TMO and buy straight from apple.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've online chatted with Samsung support, no help. I've tried Smart Switch, no help. Today I went to Best Buy and saw the Samsung rep who tried to force the update and couldn't. He did some digging and from what he could tell T-MOBILE has the last security patch at August and he thinks that Samsung isn't supporting the phone anymore but that is just his opinion. I do agree with him. I've had mine less than a 1 yr. This hacks me off!

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I've online chatted with Samsung support, no help. I've tried Smart Switch, no help. Today I went to Best Buy and saw the Samsung rep who tried to force the update and couldn't. He did some digging and from what he could tell T-MOBILE has the last security patch at August and he thinks that Samsung isn't supporting the phone anymore but that is just his opinion. I do agree with him. I've had mine less than a 1 yr. This hacks me off!

I received October yesterday surprisingly enough. I'm on TMO, guessing updates will be quarterly at best from now on.

orig_authority

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site

My S8 Active used to crash multiple times per day until I stopped using the "Android Messages" app from Google and switched back to the default app from Samsung.

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

It seemed like the last Sprint update was for two months of security updates, so I'm assuming we are receiving them slower.

Sprint did list the S8 Active along with the other S8 phones as being the first ones to fully support VoLTE so I don't think we are completely abandoned!

Unfortunately it appears we'll be waiting longer for the Android Pie update.. Samsung did a Wi-Fi certification dump this week for all S8, S9, and Note 7-9, for Android 9.0, and S8 Active was not one of them :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance