Model # SM-G892A
    Android version 8.0.0

I am having such a hard time finding anything.. any help would be appreciated.
    12-31-2018 01:50 AM
    This is one way. The reason it's so difficult is that Samsung makes it additionally difficult to root AT&T and Verizon versions of everything (per the carriers' orders). I believe this may be a Nougat ROM, but other than KingRoot, it's the only rooting I could find for the 982A. (And Kingroot may or may not steal your data - we don't know.) AT&T Samsungs haven't been easy to root since 2013.

Oh, take the USB 3.0 warning seriously. The Pixel 2 has the same problem and I bricked one that way (but they're trivial to unbrick - Samsung isn't). An older computer with a USB 2.0 port or a 3.0 port and a 2.0 hub will work. (Even a 3.0 port, a microUSB cable and a microUSB to Type C adapter might work.)
    12-31-2018 11:52 AM
    This is one way. The reason it's so difficult is that Samsung makes it additionally difficult to root AT&T and Verizon versions of everything (per the carriers' orders). I believe this may be a Nougat ROM, but other than KingRoot, it's the only rooting I could find for the 982A. (And Kingroot may or may not steal your data - we don't know.) AT&T Samsungs haven't been easy to root since 2013.

Oh, take the USB 3.0 warning seriously. The Pixel 2 has the same problem and I bricked one that way (but they're trivial to unbrick - Samsung isn't). An older computer with a USB 2.0 port or a 3.0 port and a 2.0 hub will work. (Even a 3.0 port, a microUSB cable and a microUSB to Type C adapter might work.)
    I also have a S8 active. i dont know anything about rooting a phone. is there a good link to some more information on doing this?
    05-23-2019 11:15 PM