Hi there,

My 4 month old s8 Active suddenly stopped charging and the battery was draining, even when connected to the charger, till it went to 0% and shut down.

A new flex cable port didn't fix this issue. However, The local technician got it working by connecting another battery externally. The problem is the battery isn't for the s8 active model which couldn't fit inside.

I searched online but couldn't find a single website for the phone's battery. And I am not in the US right now to take it to Samsung's center.

I also saw a comment on YouTube that someone fit an s7 active's battery on the s8 active. He had to fold the cable strip however which got damaged over time.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or a link if the battery is available online.

Best wishes

Jamal
    01-27-2019 06:53 AM
    Hi there,

My 4 month old s8 Active suddenly stopped charging and the battery was draining, even when connected to the charger, till it went to 0% and shut down.

A new flex cable port didn't fix this issue. However, The local technician got it working by connecting another battery externally. The problem is the battery isn't for the s8 active model which couldn't fit inside.

I searched online but couldn't find a single website for the phone's battery. And I am not in the US right now to take it to Samsung's center.

I also saw a comment on YouTube that someone fit an s7 active's battery on the s8 active. He had to fold the cable strip however which got damaged over time.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or a link if the battery is available online.

Best wishes

Jamal

Hi Jamal,

I am wanting to replace the battery on my S8 Active as well, and I too am struggling to find replacement batteries too.

If YouTube is correct, that S7 Active battery is the same physical size, and I'm wondering if the battery header on the S7 active and S8 active and be unsoldered and re-soldered?

I don't have a spare S8 Active battery myself or I would give a a shot. If you know of any used S8 batteries I'd be willing to try it.

Hopefully we both can find a resolution,
    Andy
    03-07-2019 12:46 PM