Notification not working

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. I have been using it for awhile now. I have been using the same webcam app for several years now. About 4 or 5 weeks ago, I stopped getting notifications from the webcam app. I literally checked every setting but can not get this to start working again. I contacted the app company and they claim no one else is experiencing this same issue. They told me to turn app on/off setting to on. The only option I know of is to FORCE STOP, which I tried. I have uninstalled and re-installed but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Anywhere else to check on my phone? I am at a loss.

Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any power-saving apps turned on? Is the app "battery-optimized" in the system settings?

Also, if you go to Settings>Apps, select the app, then Notifications, what options do you have there?

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I usually keep battery saving feature on but its been off for a few weeks in an effort to resolve this problem.
The webcam app is not on battery saver either. I allowed it to use as much battery as needed.
Under Notifications for the app, is says ON, App Icon Badges ON and under categories it says "this app hasn't sent you any notifications". So with the webcam app once it senses motions its supposed to send a notification and then record. It is working just not sending me the notification. I also have this app on my Galaxy Tab E. There is no problem with the notifications on that device.

Thanks.

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Hard to recall, but if recall correctly I went over 4 months without an update then got one and shortly after I noticed there was an issue with the app/alerts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The other thing to consider is that the system update might have introduced some minor compatibility issue with the app. Have you notified the app developer about this?

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I have. They told me to turn the app on through the app manager. As far as I know we can only turn off or FORCE STOP an app. In any event, I cleared cached, uninstalled, and everything else and still no luck.