S8 Active Pie Update?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Got S8 Active, T-Mobile. No sign of Pie update. Does anyone know anything about this?

mehofmann

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Samsung has abandoned the S8 Active. I had a members chat with them last month. The Pie update was not on their time line. I am still on the February security patch also.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Samsung has abandoned the S8 Active. I had a members chat with them last month. The Pie update was not on their time line. I am still on the February security patch also.

This certainly appears to be the case, not seeing the S8 Active on any recent lists for plans to get Pie, T-Mobile lists it as Manufacturer Development still for some reason, who knows, maybe it will arrive one day. The security patch issue is probably more of a carrier issue, since I am on June security patch.

EDIT: Just saw this, so maybe by September it will roll out.
https://www.sammobile.com/2019/05/29/android-pie-update-galaxy-tab-s3-and-galaxy-s8-active/

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't do it it looks like a kid got a hold of it, the messaging app is changed and the call screen has changed. It is useless
Can't agree. Not too happy with how icons are treated, but using the Nova Launcher, only the stock icons are affected. Using Textra for texts, so I don't even know what it did to messaging. Call screen seems mostly the same to me. I do like how the account colors I've assigned are picked up in the notification icons on the AOD.