Best Cases for the Samsung Galaxy S8

OneSick8350i

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
Small update. I ended up returning the PureGear screen protector. The edges would not stay down and that grew into the corners. I ended up getting the Zagg HD Clear screen protector from Best Buy. Since I had good luck with them before. All is well right now. The edges are holding and the cut is a perfect fit to pair with my OtterBox Defender. Just waiting a few hours for the adhesive bubbles to fully dry. If they do, which they have in the past, this is the go-to combo for me.

Last edited:

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got my black leather MUJJO case for my S8. Fits perfectly. High quality. Amazon and MUJJO website. Nice cutouts allow headphones. Very nicely made.

joediver

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Incipio DualPro. I like that it covers the sides fairly well but I'm looking for something with a little more grip to it. Ordered the Poetic Karbon Shield. .....haven't seen any mentions of that one here yet. I'll post after giving it a try.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
My review of the Mophie Juice Pack:

Ok so I bought the Juice Pack. I was considering the newer charge force case however I got to see the Juice Pack in person and it was not much thicker than the Otterbox defender that I have been using. I was going away on a trip so it was perfect timing to try it out. Here are my thoughts after a week.

It's very high quality, feels well made. It is bulkier and heavier than standard cases but that is to be expected. It has a nice soft touch feel to it though it's a little slick but not slippery. They designed the shape of it really well as it is very comfortable to hold. It does have a small lip on the front top and bottom (not as pronounced as the Defender) which I did unintentionally test out, it survived a face plant on to concrete so the lip did it's job and protected the screen. The fingerprint sensor is much deeper with the bulk of the case but still works fine, I was concerned about it but it's not an issue.

It has wireless charging so it works with any wireless charger (I have two different brands and it works with both) and pass through charging so it charges the phone first then the case. You can also charge it wired and it does still fast charge. The case redirects the speakers to be front facing which is really nice. It does work with Samsung pay although it was hit and miss on some terminals.

Here is the thing that really sold me - the charge force car vent mount charger. It's super convenient, it's magnetic and is wireless. It's just so easy to stick it on the mount when you get in the car and not fumble with cords.

I love not having to stress about battery life. It came in very handy on my first trip as I was in a place that didn't have a strong signal so my battery was draining fast and I used the case a few times. I can use the phone with full function, full brightness, etc. without having to worry. I like it so much it's probably going to be my daily driver.

Sandigranni

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
For a girly case, I recommend the Case-Mate Naked Tough Waterfall. The snowglobe effect with glitter in a clear case almost makes it ok to cover the beautiful phone. The case fits great, doesn't hinder the full use of the screen. Helps with the slipperyness with the shock bumper, but still feels sleek, not to bulky. And you still see the pretty Orchid Grey color, which was the first thing I loved about this phone. Easy to put on and take off, which I like because I don't like to charge my phones with a case on. A little tricky to use the fingerprint scanner, because of the thicness, maybe set it with the case on? (The position on the back didn't bother me like it seems to with most people since I'm coming from my LG G3 that had back buttons, and I liked that). The case has metal buttons that look and feel very nearly like they are uncovered, and they work perfectly. Plus the glitter show fills the need for a fidget spinner pretty well... only downside is maybe I shake my phone to much now. I hated the idea of a case on this phone, but the sparkly effect and good functionality makes this one I can live with. At least I wont have everyone telling me I should " put a case on that $800.00 phone"!

joediver

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Incipio DualPro. I like that it covers the sides fairly well but I'm looking for something with a little more grip to it. Ordered the Poetic Karbon Shield. .....haven't seen any mentions of that one here yet. I'll post after giving it a try.
Karbon Shield was a nice fit if you want a thin case but mine came with a blemish on the finish of the back. I decided to send that back and ordered the Poetic Revolution. I really love this case. Great protection even on the sides. I don't mind that the ports are covered as I almost always charge it wirelessly.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Purple and grey Speck Presidio grip. I was trying out different cases and was on my friends boat and I look over and see my phone sliding across the table and almost went into the lake. Sent that case back and got this Speck. No sliding with this baby! It's awesome!Screenshot_20170716-155820.jpg

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Long time Otterbox defender user but just switched to the FRE from lifeproof for S8 plus and wow ! The case and screen protector are fantastic... it's everything I used to get from otterbox. Highly recommend it.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Long time Otterbox defender user but just switched to the FRE from lifeproof for S8 plus and wow ! The case and screen protector are fantastic... it's everything I used to get from otterbox. Highly recommend it.
My question is can you hear the speakerphone, and can people hear you talking to them?

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
For me, without a doubt, Samsung black leather folio/wallet. $60 at Verizon but I can't find it anywhere else. Covers entire phone but the screen is naked. Plush and luxurious. The copycats at Amazon are cheap, ill-fitting, and will fall apart.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site