Best Cases for the Samsung Galaxy S8

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Post and share links to the best cases you've found for the Galaxy S8! As I post this, the phone isn't even available yet, but no big deal... I've already spotted new cases all over the place!

Post your best below in this thread. It'll help our community find the best cases possible for the S8!

AndyShannon

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I have been a big fan of the caseology wavelength cases since the note 7, i love the feel of the texture on the back and the look as well, so if they release one for the S8, i will be all over it again!

a2dposterchild

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Until recently, I always went with an Otterbox. I've started leaning towards form, rather than function. I currently have an S7 and like the gold finish so I went with a clear case. It's certainly not the best as far as protection goes, but it lets the original design of the phone shine through. I would do the same on an S8.

Lagann

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure which brand of casing this is but I have one for my LG G3 and it does a really good job protecting the phone from drops on hard surfaces. Plus it's high quality and the buttons are clicky friendly.

s-l1600.jpg

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I've had the "Ringke Fusion" cases on my s7 edge and s6 edge because if their slim profile and not hiding the beauty of the phone. I like the cases but I'm thinking of going with a more protective case for the s8..my wife has the supcase unicorn beetle for the s7 edge and had it for her note 7. Those seem to have more of a balance between function and form so I may go with one of them

mabelpines

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I've ordered the Olixar Ultra-Thin clear case because I'm still undecided on what color I'm getting.

And I've also ordered the Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal glitter case on a whim haha, I normally don't go for tacky cases but I couldn't help liking this one and how it would combine with any color I choose for the phone. Will see what it's like, if it's too glittery at least I have a good case for Christmas haha.

RiaHannam

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I love simple bumper cases with TPU. Currently I love the VRS crystal bumper series on my S7 Edge and plan on going with the same thing / similar for my S8. I don't want to cover up the color in back but am fine with a pop of color around the edges!

RiaHannam

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I like this case too (the Ringke Fusion posted above). Similar in design to the VRS crystal bumper series, it's a toss up. Thanks for the memory ping!

Lagann

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
If you're like my bro and you don't want to use a case with this, then may I suggest a pouch that you keep on your belt so you can have it at your side when not in use?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Ben Hendrickx

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm sad to see they ditched the s view cover, that was my favourite case. Probably would go for a clear case at home and a sturdy case like the otterbox strada once released for outside

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll probably stick with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case that I'm currently using on my S6, for multiple reasons:

25249.jpg

-Not bulky at all
-Offers moderate protection for minor drops (my S6 is still in 1 piece, so it must be working!)
-Minimalist design with clear back so you can still show off the hardware (unlike bulky cases that complete hide it)
-TPU bumper offered in dark colours that don't show yellowing (like any clear TPU that looks yellow after 2 months)
-1 piece construction makes it really easy to take off and put on, TPU doesn't scratch while you do. (VERY IMPORTANT if you plan to use the Gear VR, makes the process so much easier!)
-Compatible with wireless charging
-Protects side buttons, but still offers good clicky feel to them
-Protects camera bulge (although the S8 is fairly tiny now, so that's good)
-Has another version with a kickstand, should you be interested

My only question now is: Jet Black or Matte Black??

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...d-case-matte-black-jet-black.html#post5733225

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you're like my bro and you don't want to use a case with this, then may I suggest a pouch that you keep on your belt so you can have it at your side when not in use?

I still use belt clip/pouch, even though I know these are way out of fashion with all the cool kids. hehe Just don't like having a phone in my pockets.

If you want a really nice pouch, I recommend checking out PDair's website.

https://www.pdair.com/samsung-case

I admit, shipping is slow, but it was worth it. The quality is very nice, and they still make them custom fit to most modern phones. Looks like they don't have one specific to the S8 yet, but I'd bet the one for the S7 Edge would be a very close fit.

SL2

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I like cases that offers some extra protection while you're still able to see the back of the phone, like this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Gala...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5735766

The S8 do look extra fragile with that big screen, but then again I don't want the edges to become hard to reach by using the wrong kind of case. Probably have to buy more than one case before finding the right one, it happened before..

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
im in luck. the place i work for (im a cell phone and computer technician) we have a vendor tessco is the name that i can order from and get the cases at cost. ex: we pay 21.99 for a otterbox defender and resale for 49.95 whatever case i order i will just pay what the store paid for it. so i could get a defender for 22 bucks but im still deciding

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
im in luck. the place i work for (im a cell phone and computer technician) we have a vendor tessco is the name that i can order from and get the cases at cost. ex: we pay 21.99 for a otterbox defender and resale for 49.95 whatever case i order i will just pay what the store paid for it. so i could get a defender for 22 bucks but im still deciding

im looking right now i can get a zagg glass protector for 15.99. reg price 49.99

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool