Best Cases for the Samsung Galaxy S8+

writedoc

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
After trying a number of different cases, I've ended up with the Otterbox Defender case. It is an excellent fit and it looks like part of the phone with no gaps etc. I also like the belt clip (which I use) that can be used as a viewing stand. It also works with the wireless chargers that I've kept from Amazon.ca (some didn't and I returned them along with cases that didn't allow wireless charging). The wireless chargers that work well with the S8+ in the Defender case are:
FastCharger1.jpgFastCharger2.jpgFastCharger3.jpg

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have used 3 cases with my S8+ these are my thoughts about them,

-Supcase UB - Great case, everything fits cleanly, good protection, I like the port covers better than other options, good price (reminds me of a UAG case) The clip on the belt holder broke, I gorilla glued the clip back on and this is now my backup case. (Had this model on my Note 7 & Note 5)

-Otterbox Defender - Usually a great case, I did not care for the fit (to me the rubber did not align well with the under case, perhaps i got a defective case) I also did not like how the port covers opened, Something about this case just didn't agree with me and I have retired it. I may have liked the Commuter model better but needed a belt clip solution.

-Seidio Surface - I have used several generations of the Surface and they have Improved the belt holster, The case is now dual layer (Inner flex sleeve case with hex pattern pockets) outer rigid case w/low profile kick stand, easy access port cutouts, seems like it offers good protection in a sleek form factor. I like the improvements and will likely be using this case as my daily driver.

Cheers,
BR

Last edited:

levjaskulski

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
If you are into battery cases, I made a research in depth.The I-blades smart case is my preferred option. It adds battery, memory, air quality meassuring capability and ability for attaching new modules, when they will be available. And it is not adding bulk to the phone since the military grade test certified case is the base for attaching the modules.
GS8PLUS_ELITE_-_HERO.1.jpg

Last edited:

zhamid

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Look up Anccer Samsung Galaxy S8 Case. I have it on black, can't even tell that the case is on. It's not good for drop protection, but great for grip and scratch protection.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 11.36.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-26 at 11.36.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-26 at 11.36.17 AM.png

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox Commuter has always been my favorite. I dropped my old S7 Edge off of a one story balcony and not a scratch.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

fredieeee

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
If I wanna buy a case, case-custom and skinit are my first place to go, I'd like my case to be decorative the way I exactly want, and these stores are where I can use my own design.IMG_4082.JPG

HeroicLove

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I use the Wuloo Charger Case. With today's smartphone challenges, the battery case is almost standard practice. I like the Wuloo because it's the perfect balance between protection, extra juice, without the excessive bulk.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I did. I like it but it is not the most protective case. I use it when I pretend to be fancy.
I like the open button concept of your fancy case!! It sure looks slick with that imitation leather!
I currently use a Speck black grip case which covers all the buttons, and they're not easy to feel whenever I need to press volume keys for instance. But situation better since I deactivated the Bixby button, at least now I'm not pressing Bixby all the time.
Wish there was a good case with textured buttons or metalized caps over buttons. What do you use as your daily case??

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I like the open button concept of your fancy case!! It sure looks slick with that imitation leather!
I currently use a Speck black grip case which covers all the buttons, and they're not easy to feel whenever I need to press volume keys for instance. But situation better since I deactivated the Bixby button, at least now I'm not pressing Bixby all the time.
Wish there was a good case with textured buttons or metalized caps over buttons. What do you use as your daily case??

I have settled in on the Patchworks Level ITG case which I bought for $2 before the Note was released. I sent my Speck Presidio Grip back for a refund.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon