Best wireless charging pads for the S8?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has some suggestions on wireless charging pads or accessories for the S8? Feel free to share your links, it'll help all of us find cool stuff for our S8's :)

(thanks in advance) ... :)

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll finally get to bust out the TYLT chargers that I picked up for $9.99 each back during the Note 7 issue. GF and I will both be dumping our LG phones and switching. Have 1 TYLT on each nightstand.

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I ordered these:

Hopefully this will provide the same quick charge as with the samsung wireless pads. I had the samsung wireless stand at work for my Note 7, which was returned when I had to return my Note 7. I found the lip on the samsung stand to be too small, so you had to carefully place the phone on the stand - pushing the back of the phone flat onto the stand - basically a two-handed procedure. Otherwise the phone would fall right off because it would slide of the small lip. This seneo stand seems to have a bigger lip on the bottom so will hopefully be a bit more forgiving of the placement.

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Here, I just took a pic of my empty spigen case waiting for the s8 on that seneo charging stand, lol. Definitely a better lip than on the samsung wireless charging stand.

IMG_20170406_064026.jpg

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been using CHOETECH Wireless chargers for a while and they have always been excellent. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but I can tell you that they have this new fast Wireless Charger that according to some reviews can go toe to toe with the Samsung OEM one. Best of all they currently have a Promo Code available for an Amazon Purchase and it should leave the price on $15.99.

If you want to try them, here it's the link. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010B6PSMC

PROMO CODE - FVNEC2QP

Last edited:

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I got the Itain wireless stand a week or so ago and it charges my s7edge with the leather case on it. I've always had great luck with this brand. I'm thinking it will work fine with the s8 but that is just an opinion since I don't have it yet. ;) I'm loving it with the s7edge because I can see in an instant that it is connect rather than having to look to the side to make sure my pad charger is connected, wiggle it around, check it again...etc. I paid $9 or 10 for it on a lightening deal.

rchapman80

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased two Anker wireless fast chargers for $12.99 each from Amazon. They com in today and I can't wait to try them out. I already have two fast charging blocks to plug them in and I love the fact that they are USB-C. I didn't want to have two cables around with micro USB.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Are these wireless charging stands as good as the Samsung one that folds vertical or horizontal and cost 90 bucks?

OhAlfie

Banned
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I got a new unlocked S8 this past week and bought the quick charger stand up version (not convertible) and the first time I used it I kept getting a blinking blue light. Found out it won't work if I use my magnetic phone mount, phone has that thin metal pad on it. SO I took it off, put phone (in Speck thin case) on charger and the phone registered the charge and showed it was charging when I went to bed 10:30pm). At about 4am when I got up to go to the bathroom the blue light was still on. So when I got up again for work at 7am, the blue light was on, and the phone was only showing battery at 80% or so and the phone was warm.

So what's going on? Is it a charger issue, I can exchange it. Or is there a phone issue maybe?

I was looking forward to using it, but if it's not reliable, I'll return and just plug in at night.

OhAlfie

Banned
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok this is getting frustrating. I no longer use the Scoche Mag Mount, just have a Speck thin case on the phone. I set the phone (at 20%) on the charger last night, and woke up this morning to a phone with just 82% charge and the blue charge light still on.

So I'm going to return or exchange the charger and see if I have better luck. If not, I'll just use the charging cord.

Time1999

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I got one for my S8 from eBay . It likes the original Qi charger for the Galaxy S7 edge. But It is not a fast charger. The seller told me that there is no fast qi charger in the market due to the Qi technical. :mad:

aaronhank904

Feb 15, 2018
Visit site
Try Pleson Qi wireless charger that comes with sleep mode. And you are able to choose the charging style whether you love to charge your phone vertically or horizontally. I bought it $22.

sdeeter19555

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I ordered these:

Hopefully this will provide the same quick charge as with the samsung wireless pads. I had the samsung wireless stand at work for my Note 7, which was returned when I had to return my Note 7. I found the lip on the samsung stand to be too small, so you had to carefully place the phone on the stand - pushing the back of the phone flat onto the stand - basically a two-handed procedure. Otherwise the phone would fall right off because it would slide of the small lip. This seneo stand seems to have a bigger lip on the bottom so will hopefully be a bit more forgiving of the placement.
I have the Seneo "fast charge" chargers and used the S8 Samsung wall plugs. I also have two Seneo plugged into non-Samsung wall plugs (dual port 4.8A iClever) and through longer cables (one is six feet, the other ten) and they charge just fine.

I can charge my S8 (two) with an Otter box Defender, my S6 with an Otter box Commuter, and my S5 in a Ballistic case with no issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca