Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

GoldlexusAN

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a Zagg Invisisheild curved glass case friendly screen protector today at Tmobile. BTW they completely freaked out that I had a s8 in hand already. Anyway, I'm not totally impressed with it yet. I'm giving it to the weekend to see if it settles a bit and for me to try to get use to it. Really my only complaint so far is the touch sensitivity when trying to pull down the top tool bar and the top edge being noticeable (the speaker cutout part) . My case fits just fine and so far doesn't push up the protector. My case is Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case.

Ok the verdict is in.. I hated the Zagg glass case friendly screen protector! It had dead areas on the screen. Meaning some places on the screen were responsive to taps or swipes and other places I had to push kinda hard to get response. It also had a thick edge along the top where the cut out was that caused issues with pulling down the notification shade. I did like the feel of the glass and it great with my case but the functionality and top cut out sucked. I took it back and now have a Pure gear film protector on for now.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, new member here, who like many of you has been scouring the internet looking for tempered glass options.

So the general consensus seems to be that tempered glass is mostly awful for curved displays because of the lack of full screen adhesive.

I saw a Reddit thread where a user posted an email exchange w. a Rhinoshield rep who said their soon-to-be-released tempered glass screen protectors will have full adhesive. Who knows.

Zagg also has full adhesive for the S8/S8+ for their Sapphire Defense line. Reading some comments here and watching some videos, the "hybrid glass" appears to be more of a thick plastic than glass.

Would prefer glass, but if this is similar but has the benefit of the full adhesive surface, it looks interesting. Anyone have experience with their Sapphire Defense line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNkUYOJTMRU

Yes, Had it for the iPhone 7 plus and was not thrill at all with it. Scratched very easy and was a fingerprint magnet. With that being said I am going to order one for the S8+ when available. I can't stand the glass protectors that only stick on the edges.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to take a moment to back up on my comment. While I was installing my new Skinomi protector on my phone, my daughter got hold of my second one intended for my wife, peeled it and stuck it on her shirt and got lint stuck all into it to where I can't clean it off. She needed a protector asap so I decided to try the Supershieldz on her phone temporarily. To my surprise, the Supershieldz tempered glass fits well with her case. There wasn't anything wrong with the screen protector originally, it just did not fit with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid. Link is a youtube video of my demonstrating the tempered glass on my wife's phone. This screen protector will be a hit or miss depending on your case. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/rHo-dQeizB8

Looks nice, does it only stick on the edges?

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The tempered protector from Verizon is probably one of the nicest you can get. I got it for about 30$. It does creak at times and it's not the best for pressing the home button but it's pretty good overall.

On another note if I didn't have a tempered I'd use my wife's Spigen wet apply. They seem to be the best performing I've found. I ordered from 3 brands too

Bittersweet_Life

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Yes, Had it for the iPhone 7 plus and was not thrill at all with it. Scratched very easy and was a fingerprint magnet. With that being said I am going to order one for the S8+ when available. I can't stand the glass protectors that only stick on the edges.

Thank you for the input!

I'll probably end up ordering one as well, if the Rhinoshield one ends up with adhesive only on the perimeter, which is what I suspect.

Also looking into getting a Lifeproof FRE case (whenever they release it) for my girlfriend's S8, as she for some reason prefers cases with built-in screen protectors and this one appears to be the only one offering it for the S8 (she previously had the Otterbox Defender for past phones).

niijonodhg

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

As usual I've got a ton of Tempered Glass on order and will be putting videos up when I receive them. The first one I've got is the Orzly Premium TGSP for the S8 (+) so here's the video.

It does have a Dot Matrix so it isn't sticky all the way, just at the edge.

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Too much trouble with glass screen protectors. I also hate screen glare so I have always had the IQ shield matte film protector on my phones. I got one yesterday for the S8+ and it fits great, works great with my VRS case and kills the screen glare.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What's up guys. Can anyone tell give their input on this screen protector from Whitestone. It's a full adhesive glass looks nice and the kit comes with a uv light and you have to see the install vid. $45 on amazon but is it worth the price? Givce me your .02

Whitestone Dome glass, Galaxy S8 glass screen protector, [Full clear], [Full Cover], [Full Touch], 3D glass, Edge to Edge - TopCellularDeals

https://youtu.be/-Fd5XlTXYXE

Well, one guy on Reddit pulled the trigger and bought it on Amazon, so we'll have to wait until he posts an update in a few days. It almost looks like a permanent solution, so I'm wondering how it can be undone, in the event of a crack of the screen protector, or if it needs to come off in the event of a replacement or service. Someone posted that there's a removal video, but I can't find it. Can anyone else find it?

Original thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/66wz5u/someone_made_a_glass_screen_protector_that_uses/

Fourskim

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got a GPEL today from amazon. Fits good, but the smudges detract from the experience. Also requires a lot of force to home button wake. :( will keep it on for safety.

JBoone82

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I bought the tempered glass screen protector at Verizon and let them put it on, because I always fail with those things. I am not a fan at all. Like you all said, it has air under it and you have to push on the screen very hard. It's driving me nuts. I'd hate to pull it off though, since it was so expensive, and like previously stated, they will definitely save your screen. I've shattered one before by accident, peeled it off and was good to go. Phone screen was perfect. Is there a way to adjust screen sensitivity? Maybe that will help.