Verizon has 3 Different tempered glass options

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up, We have 3 different tempered Glass options and we tried all 3 on the demo units and surprisingly they fit nicely. There's a Zagg option and 2 Verizon options. The One Verizon has is called Ultra Glass and it comes with an aligning kit which makes it easy for those who aren't good at applying them.

I know you can find then cheaper elsewhere, So keep your comments to yourself about that, I'm simply giving everyone a heads up for the those who prefer going into a store or buying one that has been tested.

Prices are $34.99 up to $50 which is the Zagg option.

The Verizon Ultra Glass fits the best IMO

Lastly, We also got the new Wireless Charging stand by Samsung which a lot of people on here including myself have been waiting for.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Any issues with touch screen sensitivity once it's applied? I've stayed away from tempered glass on my curved devices but if this works well, I'd try it.

karmajack

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Quoting from another thread about the VZW Ultra...

Just to share my experience. I ordered the ultra screen protector $45 from verizon with my phone. Though easy to install and was case friendly with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid, it did not work well. Had an air gap between the protector and the phone and it reduced screen sensitivity tremendously. Thought maybe I installed it wrong so I took it off and tried it again, still no go. I will be returning it.

Conflicting reports.

And you're saying that one is better than the Zaggs? Guess I'll keep looking.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've used Zagg shields on my last few phones. They've been great as far as protection, but the plastic ones have a pattern in them that you can see when you use the phone with a VR. I may try one of the glass ones this time. I'll have to go to the Zagg kiosk at the mall and see what they have.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've used Zagg shields on my last few phones. They've been great as far as protection, but the plastic ones have a pattern in them that you can see when you use the phone with a VR. I may try one of the glass ones this time. I'll have to go to the Zagg kiosk at the mall and see what they have.

Definitely Glass. I don't even want to try a plastic ones now that I've had glass on my latest phone's. It's so much nicer.

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought the more expensive Verizon branded tempered glass protector, so far so good. Screen sensitivity is excellent.

Hmm weird on the conflicting reports. Did you install it or did they?
Hey Joe, if the protectors don't work will Verizon let you return them?

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the expensive Verizon brand glass one and it separated within 3hrs of install so I will be returning it for another in case it was an isolated problem. If not I'll rock my 8+ with ok ut a protector

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Just a heads up, We have 3 different tempered Glass options and we tried all 3 on the demo units and surprisingly they fit nicely. There's a Zagg option and 2 Verizon options. The One Verizon has is called Ultra Glass and it comes with an aligning kit which makes it easy for those who aren't good at applying them.

I know you can find then cheaper elsewhere, So keep your comments to yourself about that, I'm simply giving everyone a heads up for the those who prefer going into a store or buying one that has been tested.

Prices are $34.99 up to $50 which is the Zagg option.

The Verizon Ultra Glass fits the best IMO

Lastly, We also got the new Wireless Charging stand by Samsung which a lot of people on here including myself have been waiting for.

What cases would you recommend with the tempered glass protector

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney