Screen Protectors

amazondrone

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Awaiting my new S8! I currently have a Skinomi screen protector on my S7 and it's worked great. I was going to order one for my S8, but their website says they won't be available until May 15. I'm a bit nervous about going "naked" with my screen for that long, so I hunted around and found one from Armor Suit. Seems like it's about the same thing, and its 3 reviews on amazon are all good.

Anyone have experience or recommendation on this screen protector?

amazondrone

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's odd. I've always gotten them before from the Skinomi website. It's a great product, and I really prefer the wet application - so much easier! Thanks!

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I found on my note 7 the wet application ones weren't case friendly even if it said so on the box. My supershieldz film I installed on my s8+ was absolutely horrible. It was a dry application film.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Can you get a pic? Possibly one with the screen protector and a case on
Welp, I popped on the Spigen Ultra Hybrid to snap a pic for you and the screen protector started to lift. I checked the borders of the protector and they're spot on. If I were to move the screen protector in any direction it would cover a sensor. I'll have to contact Skinomi

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Welp, I popped on the Spigen Ultra Hybrid to snap a pic for you and the screen protector started to lift. I checked the borders of the protector and they're spot on. If I were to move the screen protector in any direction it would cover a sensor. I'll have to contact Skinomi
I had this same issue with 3 different screen protectors on my note 7. "Case friendly" is a complete lie.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I had this same issue with 3 different screen protectors on my note 7. "Case friendly" is a complete lie.
The case friendly Skinomi worked perfectly on my S7 edge. I had the same protector on the case the entire year I owned the phone. Used various types of different cases with great results.

I'm hoping that this is an early design flaw and it will get corrected.

chennaite

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
It's better to opt one from the Gadgetshieldz they are available on their website. Consider if you need some protector that covers the whole body as well as the sides and camera. And it's comparatively cheap. Will post some images once I got my device and the screen protector installed on my device. Since I have good experience with their screen protectors I fairly suggest to S8 and S8+.
S8 - Samsung Galaxy S8 Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Gadgetshieldz
S8+ - Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Gadgetshieldz

And upon contacting them, they are also bringing up the customizable skins for both the devices but that aren't available as of now.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Skinomi responded, they're blaming the case not the screen protector.

f282bf3ff369c07755491037d4b9fe97.jpg

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
It's better to opt one from the Gadgetshieldz they are available on their website. Consider if you need some protector that covers the whole body as well as the sides and camera. And it's comparatively cheap. Will post some images once I got my device and the screen protector installed on my device. Since I have good experience with their screen protectors I fairly suggest to S8 and S8+.
S8 - Samsung Galaxy S8 Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Gadgetshieldz
S8+ - Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Gadgetshieldz

And upon contacting them, they are also bringing up the customizable skins for both the devices but that aren't available as of now.
Are they case friendly?

blueyce28

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I will say that my brother already has his Skinomi screen protector and if he puts it on exact, it would fit the spigen ultra hybrid well with 99.99% coverage between the protector and the case. His issue is, the protector is a hair off to one side when he installed it, so the case has pushed up the screen protector only slightly at that lower corner. He said he could either risk it and try it again or he just tucked it under the case. I'm not very sure if there will be the best way to make sure to install the protector on 100% straight if we only have that small margin of error. I get my skinomi tomorrow and will think about this in the mean time.

Doniphon

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

FWIW I got the Spigen Ultra Hybrid on my S8 with a Armorsuit "Full Coverage" screen protector, but I had to run a hair dryer on it and leave it to dry a few hours more than I have in the past. My first attempt to put the case on pushed the film up around the edges, but a little additional dry time did the trick. Coverage between the two is very thorough.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
FWIW I got the Spigen Ultra Hybrid on my S8 with a Armorsuit "Full Coverage" screen protector, but I had to run a hair dryer on it and leave it to dry a few hours more than I have in the past. My first attempt to put the case on pushed the film up around the edges, but a little additional dry time did the trick. Coverage between the two is very thorough.
I used a Heat gun to speed up the drying on the Skinomi. How does it fit with the case?

jjj651

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Is there a good non glass screen protector that isn't draggy? All the wet application ones look all wavy under the light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21