05-16-2017 02:19 PM
33 12
tools
    Awaiting my new S8! I currently have a Skinomi screen protector on my S7 and it's worked great. I was going to order one for my S8, but their website says they won't be available until May 15. I'm a bit nervous about going "naked" with my screen for that long, so I hunted around and found one from Armor Suit. Seems like it's about the same thing, and its 3 reviews on amazon are all good.

Anyone have experience or recommendation on this screen protector?
    04-19-2017 04:42 PM
    which screen protector from skinomi are you looking for? I just ordered some for the s8 and is coming in on friday.
    04-19-2017 04:50 PM
    The once that's case compatible. Screen Protectors-screen-shot-2017-04-19-5.43.48-pm.png
    maf113 and jcochran1977 like this.
    04-19-2017 05:44 PM
    The once that's case compatible. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 5.43.48 PM.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	328.0 KB 
ID:	257238
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5769879
    04-19-2017 05:46 PM
    That is the one I bought on Amazon. Not sure why its not available on that website.
    04-19-2017 05:48 PM
    Yeah, that's odd. I've always gotten them before from the Skinomi website. It's a great product, and I really prefer the wet application - so much easier! Thanks!
    04-19-2017 06:47 PM
    I found on my note 7 the wet application ones weren't case friendly even if it said so on the box. My supershieldz film I installed on my s8+ was absolutely horrible. It was a dry application film.
    04-19-2017 08:23 PM
    I installed the case friendly Skinomi on my S8+ and it looks outstanding.
    04-19-2017 08:45 PM
    I installed the case friendly Skinomi on my S8+ and it looks outstanding.
    Can you get a pic? Possibly one with the screen protector and a case on
    04-19-2017 08:56 PM
    Can you get a pic? Possibly one with the screen protector and a case on
    Welp, I popped on the Spigen Ultra Hybrid to snap a pic for you and the screen protector started to lift. I checked the borders of the protector and they're spot on. If I were to move the screen protector in any direction it would cover a sensor. I'll have to contact Skinomi
    04-19-2017 09:43 PM
    Welp, I popped on the Spigen Ultra Hybrid to snap a pic for you and the screen protector started to lift. I checked the borders of the protector and they're spot on. If I were to move the screen protector in any direction it would cover a sensor. I'll have to contact Skinomi
    I had this same issue with 3 different screen protectors on my note 7. "Case friendly" is a complete lie.
    04-19-2017 10:42 PM
    I had this same issue with 3 different screen protectors on my note 7. "Case friendly" is a complete lie.
    The case friendly Skinomi worked perfectly on my S7 edge. I had the same protector on the case the entire year I owned the phone. Used various types of different cases with great results.

I'm hoping that this is an early design flaw and it will get corrected.
    04-19-2017 10:51 PM
    It's better to opt one from the Gadgetshieldz they are available on their website. Consider if you need some protector that covers the whole body as well as the sides and camera. And it's comparatively cheap. Will post some images once I got my device and the screen protector installed on my device. Since I have good experience with their screen protectors I fairly suggest to S8 and S8+.
    S8 - Samsung Galaxy S8 Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Gadgetshieldz
    S8+ - Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Gadgetshieldz

And upon contacting them, they are also bringing up the customizable skins for both the devices but that aren't available as of now.
    04-20-2017 06:35 AM
    Skinomi responded, they're blaming the case not the screen protector.

04-20-2017 09:10 AM
    It's better to opt one from the Gadgetshieldz they are available on their website. Consider if you need some protector that covers the whole body as well as the sides and camera. And it's comparatively cheap. Will post some images once I got my device and the screen protector installed on my device. Since I have good experience with their screen protectors I fairly suggest to S8 and S8+.
    S8 - Samsung Galaxy S8 Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Gadgetshieldz
    S8+ - Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins | Gadgetshieldz

And upon contacting them, they are also bringing up the customizable skins for both the devices but that aren't available as of now.
    Are they case friendly?
    04-20-2017 09:22 AM
    I will say that my brother already has his Skinomi screen protector and if he puts it on exact, it would fit the spigen ultra hybrid well with 99.99% coverage between the protector and the case. His issue is, the protector is a hair off to one side when he installed it, so the case has pushed up the screen protector only slightly at that lower corner. He said he could either risk it and try it again or he just tucked it under the case. I'm not very sure if there will be the best way to make sure to install the protector on 100% straight if we only have that small margin of error. I get my skinomi tomorrow and will think about this in the mean time.
    04-20-2017 10:03 AM
    FWIW I got the Spigen Ultra Hybrid on my S8 with a Armorsuit "Full Coverage" screen protector, but I had to run a hair dryer on it and leave it to dry a few hours more than I have in the past. My first attempt to put the case on pushed the film up around the edges, but a little additional dry time did the trick. Coverage between the two is very thorough.
    04-20-2017 10:35 AM
    FWIW I got the Spigen Ultra Hybrid on my S8 with a Armorsuit "Full Coverage" screen protector, but I had to run a hair dryer on it and leave it to dry a few hours more than I have in the past. My first attempt to put the case on pushed the film up around the edges, but a little additional dry time did the trick. Coverage between the two is very thorough.
    I used a Heat gun to speed up the drying on the Skinomi. How does it fit with the case?
    04-20-2017 11:05 AM
    Is there a good non glass screen protector that isn't draggy? All the wet application ones look all wavy under the light.
    04-20-2017 01:32 PM
    Are they case friendly?
    I have used the rubberized cases that didn't affect the screen protector on my s7. But having a hard case or case with the steep edges would seems to distrub the screen protector
    04-25-2017 02:29 AM
    Skinomi responded, they're blaming the case not the screen protector.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...37d4b9fe97.jpg
    I ordered and recd this same protector. I haven't had a chance to put it on yet and today I got an email from Skinomi that they were sending me an updated version that is "more" case friendly. I guess the original was just shy of truly case friendly.
    04-25-2017 07:30 PM
    I ordered and recd this same protector. I haven't had a chance to put it on yet and today I got an email from Skinomi that they were sending me an updated version that is "more" case friendly. I guess the original was just shy of truly case friendly.
    That's good to hear. I'm hoping I receive the revision for both of my phones.
    04-25-2017 08:32 PM
    Ordered the Skinomi screen protector off Amazon a few days ago and received them yesterday. But, in the meantime I received this email from them as well:

Thank you for your recent purchase of the Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Case Friendly screen protector. Although the initial design you received will work, we have made a slight modification to our case friendly version so that it is compatible with more cases. Please keep in mind, that with thousands of protective cases in the market, it’s impossible to design a protector that would fit them all since each case manufacturer offers different tolerances.

As promised, we took the liberty of creating and shipping a replacement for our updated design.

*There is no charge for the replacement and you do not need to return the one you received.

All Skinomi products are backed by a lifetime warranty program. Should you ever need assistance installing or simply need a replacement unit sent out, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our friendly customer service team is always happy to help.

So, I'm not putting the one that i received on my S8, I'm going to wait on the replacement to arrive.
    04-26-2017 09:40 AM
    Received the replacement from Skinomi today and it appears to be the non-updated version. The sku on the packing slip didn't match the sku on the website.

I installed the replacement and made sure it was perfectly aligned. I hit it with the heat gun to speed up the curing process and applied the Spigen Ultra Hybrid and it still peeled.

Emailed customer service and made them aware of the skus and they said they'll mail out the updated version.

Good on Skinomi for standing by their customer but the whole experience sucks. I've had the phone for a week today and haven't been able to get a screen protector on it.
    Kalvin Kerns and jcochran1977 like this.
    04-26-2017 05:53 PM
    Good on Skinomi for standing by their customer but the whole experience sucks. I've had the phone for a week today and haven't been able to get a screen protector on it.
    Skinomi taking care of their customers is one of the most important aspects of a product.

I received the updated replacement today. I didn't have a chance to put the old one on before I got the email about sending me an updated version. I installed it lickity split and it really is a nice fit and appears it will be case friendly. I'll put it in the case tomorrow and update but I think this will do until I can find the "perfect" tempered glass (hopefully in my lifetime!). I use a wallet case most days so I think this will do just fine for me. Case friendly is important to keep the skin from popping up but the trade off is the tiny distance from the screen edge to the skin. The build up of dust and oils will drive me crazy. Fortunately there are 2 skins in the box.
    04-29-2017 04:39 PM
33 12