loving the Speck Presidio Case

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I have had the candygrip cases from speck for the last couple of years, and while kinda ugly i really liked the grip they give, as opposed to a slick case.

Well the presidio case is the same case, but the grips have been moved to make the phone look MUCH better.

Verizon did not have one for the s8 plus, only the s8, but best buy had it for 48 dollars, and to me its worth the money.

Its a pretty slim case, it doesn't add bulk but gives protection, and added grip that is a must for me..

I recommend it!

I have the midnight black phone, with the black case, so it looks better than the pic i uploaded to show the new grip pattern

Also, i got a Verizon screen cover, the 35 dollar one, and this case doesnt affect the screen protector at all

Attachments

• 268.jpg
    268.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 185

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried out a Candyshell the other day at Best Buy. Felt pretty good, nice and grippy. If I could find an all black Candyshell for the S8 I'd get one. Can't find a solid black version anywhere. I didn't like the looks of the Presidio Grip though.

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Just got one in Black for my S8+. Had previously used Speck's CandyShell Grip on my S7. These are very good cases, with lots of grip.

Ereinion#AC

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same. Very good protection, I assume, did not drop it to verify. Only complaint, lift a bit my Whitestone dome glass... now I see some "bubble " on the left side bezel..... they act like a magnet to my eyes..... will try to contact Whitestone to see how they can help me. Have a bear motion case on the way, not as impact protection, other option would be evutek aer case.... will see what info I will get for evutek + Whitestone

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
just picked one of these up last week. very happy with it. I've tried the Incipio Prestige, Incipio Dual Pro, Diztronic TPU, and Spigen Rugged Armor. The Speck is best one hands down. All the other cases were so slippery or big. The speck seems to hit the right compromise of size, grip, and protection. It's not the best looking case but is my favorite.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Bought the unlocked S8 last week at BB and have gone through 2 different cases in hopes of finding the right one (minimal bulk, protects edges). At first I got the Otter Box Symmetry and it didn't protect the curved glass at all, and it was bulky. Returned it and tried the LED Samsung case. Yeah it was kinda cool and covered the glass, but offered little drop protection and was a pain to use with the fingerprint scanner so in the end I ended up with the all back Speck case the OP posted above. Works great, looks great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21