Moisture under case-is that normal

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Spigen Neo Crystal hybrid Clear case. It has a hard shell clear case with a plastic bumper around it to match my phone.

Everyday I'm finding moisture developing on the back of the case between the hardshell case and the back of the phone. So I need to dry out the case and phone and reapply the case. The moisture is showing right below the Samsung logo on the back of the phone. I assume it's a combination between the temperature of the device and case which is creating humidity. Anyone else experience that on another case?

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a Spigen Neo Crystal hybrid Clear case. It has a hard shell clear case with a plastic bumper around it to match my phone.

Everyday I'm finding moisture developing on the back of the case between the hardshell case and the back of the phone. So I need to dry out the case and phone and reapply the case. The moisture is showing right below the Samsung logo on the back of the phone. I assume it's a combination between the temperature of the device and case which is creating humidity. Anyone else experience that on another case?

When I use one of those cases I get the same thing. It's annoying, but probably harmless.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
When I use one of those cases I get the same thing. It's annoying, but probably harmless.
I have never noticed that about the clear cases with my iPhone. To me it makes sense because of the temperature difference between the back of the phone and the case. Glad that it's harmless.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the caseology coastline case and I saw moisture between the case and back of the phone the first time I put it on. I took it off, dried it carefully and put it back on and the moisture was there again, between the Samsung logo and the camera. I just left it on overnight and it was gone. It hasn't come back since then. I don't know why, but I'm glad it gone as I really like the case.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
For me the moisture would remain until I took the case off a dried it. Sometimes it would reappear a couple hours later. I switched cases and I am using the poetic affinity case and that doesnt seem to trap the moisture.

While the moisture might be ok for the phone I'm more worried about the bacteria count from the moisture.

It's kind of interesting because if I didn't have a clear case on it, I wouldn't have ever realized it which makes me wonder how many cases on my past phones had issues and I never realized it.

I did order the Samsung clear case which I'm excited to try out.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the caseology coastline case and I saw moisture between the case and back of the phone the first time I put it on. I took it off, dried it carefully and put it back on and the moisture was there again, between the Samsung logo and the camera. I just left it on overnight and it was gone. It hasn't come back since then. I don't know why, but I'm glad it gone as I really like the case.
I loved the coastline case myself with the exception of the big buttons on the side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC