Samsung Gear 360

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have the Samsung 360? If so, how have you used it most? One way I was thinking of was using as a dash can. Currently T mobile doesn't have then in stock, but once they do I may order one. Maybe.

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's a great smartwatch! I have the Frontier LTE model and I love it. It works perfectly with my LG V20. The LTE allows me to leave my phone at home and never miss a call. I can definitely recommend it.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I have the camera and love it. I will eventually get a car mount for it and an micro sdcard that is more suitable for video capturing. But for now the generic micro sdcard and small mount I have will do.

I am just messing around with the camera. I have taken a couple of quick videos and pictures just to get the feeling on how it all works. I even uploaded a 360 pic to Google Street View the other day. I think I will be doing more of that and once I find an app or free program for the pc to do tiny planet stuff I will definitely be doing those.

I know I need a good monopod (selfie stick) one that you can attach or has a tripod mounting on the bottom and can be tall, maybe up to 7'. I really don't want to be in the pics or videos if I can help it but the top of my head is fine. Right now I found an old desktop tripod and someone got me a cheap selfie stick thing which does it's purpose but is definitely cheap.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok I just got mine today. I was testing it out as a dash cam. 7 minutes into recording it stopped and said it was overheating. It is hot here today in mid 80s, but 7 minutes recording? My phone is mounted on the dash for an hour and has no issues. I didn't check the video yet as I wanted to let it cool down.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Ok I just got mine today. I was testing it out as a dash cam. 7 minutes into recording it stopped and said it was overheating. It is hot here today in mid 80s, but 7 minutes recording? My phone is mounted on the dash for an hour and has no issues. I didn't check the video yet as I wanted to let it cool down.

Mid 80s isn't that warm. Here in Southwest FL that wouldn't work April thru mid Nov then.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I actually already packed it back up and back to ups. I just really didn't care for it. I like a lot of the accessory products but jist not the 360 camera. I did keep the 64 gb card though.

Do like the Frontier watch a lot and of course the 8+ phone.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I actually already packed it back up and back to ups. I just really didn't care for it. I like a lot of the accessory products but jist not the 360 camera. I did keep the 64 gb card though.

Do like the Frontier watch a lot and of course the 8+ phone.

I watched some stress testing of heating issues with the test models of the 360. Some people were complaining about the heating issues, I guess a few of the models had heating issues. I think part of the issue you may have had is the heat through the window. Yes it was 80 degrees outside but the sun through the windshield can be 100+.

Since you wanted the camera as a dashcam I understand returning it. I am really liking mine and hope I use it more as I get to know how to use it. I had to download actiondirector on a friend's computer so I can do a little editing. The program is pretty much useless except for putting different clips together in one video.

I plan on stealing the Frontier just need to come up with a plan first, lol.