Zagg Glass Curve Invisible Shield - lines issue?

desmo907

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
I just bought the Zagg Glass Curve Invisible Shield from Best Buy last night with a new Samsung S8+ phone. They installed it at the store and it was closing time and the lights were being turned off. We noticed when we got home that there is a visible "line" embedded in the shield mostly noticeable along the top right to the bottom left (horizontal and vertical). It looks very odd and somewhat distracting. It seems to run parallel with the edge of the protector but is inward about 1/16 of a inch. (It is not a scratch of felt on top.)

I went back to Best Buy today and they way that is the way Zagg screen protector look on edge phones. They said the line is formed by the curve of the phone glass. I find this hard to believe....and sent email to Zagg as well.

So I wonder if this is true or not....or if anyone else witnessed this...

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
That's normal for that screen protector. it's the adhesive. Instead of the underside being totally coated in adhesive like it is on flat screen phones, the adhesive is a 1/16 inch strip of tape along the outer edges of the screen protector on curved screen protectors.

Over time mine started lifting off and causing me to use a ton of pressure to register touches on the screen. Zagg replaced it with the Sapphire Defense which I'm currently waiting for.

Bcannon77

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Tried both the regular and the sapphire and not only do they both suck (I've always loved Zagg products up until now) but Zagg's customer service has been atrocious with them as well. My advice is pass them up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae